The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Likely to get an offer to Aston?

Predicted grades are either ABB or BBB, teachers can't decided euuurrrrhhhh
I was hoping to do either International business and economics at Aston, or just international business, how likely will i get an offer from Aston?
you can go to a much university with those grades. I was predicted ABB and i got offers from University of Birmingham, Southampton, Kent, Sussex and Cardiff
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Would I get offers with BBB? I'm doing extended project as well,
And my personal statement is quite strong , will uni's like ASTON which want an ABB, ignore me if I'm predicted BBB
To do what?
I don't think aston's pretty strict about these grades, not to mention they're good enough at BBB for you to go to better unis I think.
Reply 5
International business management , or business and economics management
Hi, all grades will go before an admissions tutor and be considered at some point. Being one grade shy i would expect you will be made an offer. Unfortunately with every university the nature of offers fluctuate depending on: whether the course was in clearing last year, how low the grades dropped to during clearing, the number of applicants, the quality of those applications and the resources / staffing / funding of said course.

Good luck.

Josh
Reply 7
Original post by Aston University
Hi, all grades will go before an admissions tutor and be considered at some point. Being one grade shy i would expect you will be made an offer. Unfortunately with every university the nature of offers fluctuate depending on: whether the course was in clearing last year, how low the grades dropped to during clearing, the number of applicants, the quality of those applications and the resources / staffing / funding of said course.

Good luck.

Josh

HI!
thanks for your feedback on the thread, I see you have many business management courses in Aston, if i miss out on an offer on a specific one, could i be referred to an alternative and similar course that may have more availability?
Original post by fatimazahid
HI!
thanks for your feedback on the thread, I see you have many business management courses in Aston, if i miss out on an offer on a specific one, could i be referred to an alternative and similar course that may have more availability?

Yes, often during clearing if student haven't met certain requirements we will often offer a similar course which may be available if possible.

Josh

Quick Reply