The Student Room Group

How intelligent do you think you are?

Be honest. Post what you truly believe you are.

Scroll to see replies

I am not academically intelligent, it takes me a long time to remember things and learn. But I have a lot of common sense and in a workplace environment I'm one of the fastest learners. Funny how theres different types of intelligent
Everyone's slightly less intelligent than what they think they are. I am no exception.
Only academically... other areas, I'm not so good :laugh: And academically, not hyper genius but I'd like to think above average :u:
very? :P

But it cannot be accurately assessed in most real life cases, situations, tests etc. because people are "more" intelligent in certain things than others and there are many types and examples of intelligence.
Reply 5
I'm smart enough to know that people are very poor at assessing their own intelligence relative to others and tend to overexaggerate their ability.
I don't think I'm very intelligent at all, but I wouldn't say I'm stupid :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'd say of moderate intelligence in terms of general knowledge and being able to pick new things up rather quickly.
I'm not smart naturally, but I revise very regularly so I'd guess I'm "book smart"- but only slightly above average.
Reply 11
very, but not genius lvl
6/10 :smile:
I can be quite stupid at times...
more wise than intelligent :colonhash:

edit: just realised wise is a synonym for intelligent, I'm out
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
I took an IQ test when I was reasonably drunk once and scored 130. I do not think that any other subjective measure would be worth saying, and anything else would require some form of demonstrable act of genius.
(edited 8 years ago)
I can be really dense sometimes but I can have my clever moments. I'd rather let others judge though.
Reasonably.

- Didn't perform particularly well academically.
- My wits aren't sharp enough to be called "banterous", but I can hold my own.
- Got decent street smarts.
- Fairly well read.
- Can't freestyle but have got wicked flow in the shower (which I guess is technically freestyling, albeit with adjustments. I should really write some of it down).
- I know to spellcheck my **** before hitting "submit reply".
- I know what I know. What I don't know I'm always willing to gain information on in a bid to become more knowledgeable.
- Logic ftw (though my arguments aren't always flawless).

Intelligence is a difficult thing to define though, because it's fairly relative to the area of relevance you're concerned with.
Only intelligent when I believe I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dumb as F
I dont even know how to revise without forgetting 80% of the info :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest