The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Bus pass with First worth it?

So I'll be in Lupton this year, which is ~30min walk to uni. It's £259 for an unlimited ticket until July 2016, but it's also £1 for a single from Headingley to the university. So would a bus pass be worth it? Or should I just wait until I get there and see how much I'd actually use the bus?
That's a hefty investment.

Definitely wait until you get there.

I'm relishing the walk to uni, I can't wait :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'd wait until freshers to see if you like the walk or not, they have a stand in the union all week so you can easily buy a ticket. The buses do get very, very busy during peak times, the only people I know that get the buses at that time live in Oxley and Liberty Dock.
It's probably a 30/40 minute walk but if you have friends to walk with its not that bad, also are you in uni everyday? The only way you'd get your money's worth is if you went to uni everyday and out every saturday :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pythagorwalrus
So I'll be in Lupton this year, which is ~30min walk to uni. It's £259 for an unlimited ticket until July 2016, but it's also £1 for a single from Headingley to the university. So would a bus pass be worth it? Or should I just wait until I get there and see how much I'd actually use the bus?

Are you going to make a return trip on 130 days? That's every single week day for 26 weeks, I'd say it's unlikely. Lupton isn't that far out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a bike? I read some students take bikes and lol i got v excited!! I love riding bikes ^_^
Reply 5
I could be living in James Bailie Park and I am already thinking about getting a bus pass or get the bus to uni ! What would the route be? like stopping by uni then town centre?
Reply 6
Original post by Yjustino
I could be living in James Bailie Park and I am already thinking about getting a bus pass or get the bus to uni ! What would the route be? like stopping by uni then town centre?

1, 6, 28, 97 all go down from Headingley to town. Uni is just outside the city centre.

Quick Reply

Latest