The Student Room Group

My friends think I'm a complete idiot. What do you think?

Hi there,

So this is the situation, I've just had my first orientation day at my new college and there's already a girl I've had the fortune of seeing and want to get to know. It was in my first introductory lesson and she walked in naturally all dressed up given it was the first day and sat down at the front of the room and at least in my opinion she was the fittest girl in the room (sorry for being so prejudice.. I'm only a teenage boy after all). Anyway it came to an excercise in the lesson where we were required a pen to write with, somehow I overlooked taking a pen in for the day so I had to raise my hand and ask for a pen. The teacher started looking but in no time at all the girl produced another pen from her bag and passed it to me. I was quite taken aback as I didn't ask her for a pen or think she had heard what I said in the first place. What I want to ask is does this show she has interest in me (was this act a sign from her?) or is this more likely due to the fact she's generally a helpful and kind person?

Any answers/ advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Humans have many ways of showing romantic desire towards one another, but the offering of stationery is rarely one of them.
:frown:
It's only your first day so you should really give it some more time. It's likely she is just being helpful but perhaps if you try to get to know her she will like you in the way you want
Don't you dare apologise for finding her hot
Its probably nothing, but thats not an absolute - its still an opening. Now do you have the balls to use it, strike up conversation; return the favour, something. Make it work. Dont just sit there all feminine energy thinking romantically, you have license to use this to your advantage.
She wants the D
Reply 7
Original post by CollegeStud98
Hi there,

So this is the situation, I've just had my first orientation day at my new college and there's already a girl I've had the fortune of seeing and want to get to know. It was in my first introductory lesson and she walked in naturally all dressed up given it was the first day and sat down at the front of the room and at least in my opinion she was the fittest girl in the room (sorry for being so prejudice.. I'm only a teenage boy after all). Anyway it came to an excercise in the lesson where we were required a pen to write with, somehow I overlooked taking a pen in for the day so I had to raise my hand and ask for a pen. The teacher started looking but in no time at all the girl produced another pen from her bag and passed it to me. I was quite taken aback as I didn't ask her for a pen or think she had heard what I said in the first place. What I want to ask is does this show she has interest in me (was this act a sign from her?) or is this more likely due to the fact she's generally a helpful and kind person?

Possibly ... it is both.
But one could also go as far as to analyse in what proportion each of the two motives applies / plays its part. :smile:
But anyway ... good luck with this one ! :redface:
Original post by CollegeStud98
Hi there,

yes you are an idiot for forgetting the pen.
You never know though, you might end up getting married and growing old and happy together!
Why don't you ask her?
I get it so just use it as a reason for her to know me and I guess one day if it works out I can find out if she really did just want the D right there and then :smile:
Original post by p3ssimist
Are you by any chance from a different country?

No I'm British, why?
Hi mate,
The scenario sounds a bit fraudulent but I'll roll with it for the TQB. To me, it sounds a bit far fetched. Has your mum ever lent you a pen? Probably? Does she want your D? Perhaps not
Even if not, you still have a chance though, show her that you're a charming lad with TQB and a 0.73 kd ratio and she'll be all over you in no time.
Original post by M8A1 1Burst
Hi mate,
The scenario sounds a bit fraudulent but I'll roll with it for the TQB. To me, it sounds a bit far fetched. Has your mum ever lent you a pen? Probably? Does she want your D? Perhaps not
Even if not, you still have a chance though, show her that you're a charming lad with TQB and a 0.73 kd ratio and she'll be all over you in no time.

Hi M8A1 1Burst. Unfortunately after reading your response to Collegestud98s dilema; I have come to realize that our views on the matter conflict so much that I have to challenge you to a 1v1 on Rust. Nothing personal, just the fact that your response is complete nonsense and I hate you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Humans have many ways of showing romantic desire towards one another, but the offering of stationery is rarely one of them.

I'm dead lmaaaooo 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMFAO, She must want the D if she produces the pen.
Reply 15

Confucius. I believe?
Girl here:
Considering it was only the first day and taking into account you didn't have a pen. I think she was just being helpful.

Also hey, there's nothing wrong with admitting you found a girl hot. Humans are naturally attracted to humans...nothing out of the ordinary lol

Good luck. :smile:
Hello there "TheSmadLad", unfortunately I will have to reject your request for a 1v1 on the grounds that the legend myself; is indeed a pacifist. All I have ever wanted in this world is for peace to rid the world of violence and hostility.

Now, onto the fraudulent, momentous occasion. I realise that my advice in the last post was not the best and some may have considered it stupid and I have seen the misjudgement I made - OF COURSE you shouldn't tell her you only have a 0.73 kd ratio. To be frank, that is exceptionally poor and even a certain Bill Mac has a higher kd than that. She would spit in your face.

My advice is incredibly simple and easy to follow, so what you need to do is this - walk to the back of the room to show that you do indeed live the gangster life and are ready to shank any badman tings you get me blad innit. You then need to disassociate yourself from any weird acne-ridden frauds. Now that you have created a bit of space for yourselves, the space will subconsciously covey the endless realm of possibilities that are available if she chooses to be with you. To quote a fellow legend: "It will give us so much extra space in our room to do activities". Now, what you have to do is raise the bar, this ain't no game anymore! So what do you do? Do you know? Because I do! You ask for a RULER! But it can't just be any ruler; oh no, you're no longer an amateur - it must be a flexi-ruler! The ruler itself can still be straight and therefore suggests that you know what you want to do with your life, you're on the right path and also that you're successful but it still bends to show that on the inside, you're soft and adapt well to change i.e. being with her in a relationship.

Well, this concludes my post and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask as I understand that things have become more complex and as always, stay frauding!
Reply 18
On many occasions I've lent someone a pen...not once has it been because I was interested in them.

That doesn't mean that you can't become friends, and possibly more, but don't be disheartened if she doesn't have an interest in you. You can always try to win her over but be careful because she may already be in a relationship.
Yeah you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending