The Student Room Group

9th Sept: Struggling to get back into routine?

This week on BBC Radio 1's Surgery, we are taking about getting back into a routine after the summer.

Are you back to school or college and stressed about results, or peer pressure or friends? Or maybe you're finding it difficult to get back into a routine at work?

Let us know here, and as always, if you've got any tips on how to face your school or college demons, or simply just get yourself back into a routine, please add them below!
Spend the last week before school/uni starts getting up earlier than usual :smile:
I started my last year of sixth form on Wednesday. Beforehand, I wrote down a new routine for myself, and so far it's going great!

Now, I only need to wake up at 7:00 rather than 6:15! Plus I have given myself a 'bed time' so that I get 9 hours of sleep, which means I don't wake up feeling groggy. I got myself out of my caffeine dependency too, which really helps to make the day bearable without coffee. I have every Saturday completely free of work, and will use Sundays for reviewing my notes.

:biggrin: I'm trying to be kind to myself this year.
Reply 3
Yes, I'm "stuggling" :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Laurasaur
I started my last year of sixth form on Wednesday. Beforehand, I wrote down a new routine for myself, and so far it's going great!

Now, I only need to wake up at 7:00 rather than 6:15! Plus I have given myself a 'bed time' so that I get 9 hours of sleep, which means I don't wake up feeling groggy. I got myself out of my caffeine dependency too, which really helps to make the day bearable without coffee. I have every Saturday completely free of work, and will use Sundays for reviewing my notes.

I think you've got it all sussed, that's a perfect thing to do :h:
Reply 5
Struggling to balance a full time job with my CIMA studies and looking after my flat. I'm also one of those people who really needs their 'me time' and ideally needs 9 hours sleep most nights.
I find getting back to a routine helps if you have something to look forward to in the evenings and activities planned in advance. I guess using the life wheel also helps x
Reply 7
My 3rd year lectures don't start until the 28th. U wot m8??!
Reply 8
I guess I'm a bit weird with routine. I hate having a routine, but when I don't have one I miss it. How to get around this? Only plan for 50% of things and make the rest up! DONE :biggrin:
Failing miserably.
Reply 10
I've moved back to uni 2 weeks before lectures start so I can get into the swing of things.
Original post by Laurasaur

Ha I heard this on the radio
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Ha I heard this on the radio

Wahey! :biggrin: Thanks for telling me, I just listened to it.
The summer is over, but it seems that I have not a problem to get back into routine at all.

Quick Reply

Latest