The Student Room Group

Language Schools

Hey, I've been looking into the possibility of attending a language school in either Italy or Spain for about three or four weeks in the summer. Has anyone here been to one? I would be completely starting from a beginner, my language skills stretch as far as GCSE French. I'm going travelling in August/Sept which is why I would only be able to do it for about a month at the most. Is this long enough to get anything out of it? I'm not expecting to be fluent or anything but how much am I likely to pick up? I'd be going for the experience just as much as the language really. What schools would people recommend? Thanks!
Reply 1
Advice: Don't go with EF. Avoid that company like the plague. I worked for them last summer. The management have no regard for their customers.
Reply 2
Becca
Advice: Don't go with EF. Avoid that company like the plague. I worked for them last summer. The management have no regard for their customers.

EF? What's their full name?
Reply 3
~Sam~
EF? What's their full name?

Lol, English First, but I'm pretty sure they teach other languages too.
Reply 4
Avoid EF!! I'm just back from 2 weeks in Barcelona with EF and the classes are rubbish! I mean some were alright, but I was high intermediate, all my friends there were beginners and they ALL said that the classes were totally crap and that everyone just spoke English all the time.
Trust me, there are some far better language schools out there than EF.
I started Spanish ab initio at uni this academic year and it's amazing how much you learn in 3 or 4 weeks even when you only have 5 hours a week in England, so 20 hours a week (which a lot of language schools offer) in Spain/Italy would be a fantastic start. They're really expensive though, which is why I probably won't end up going to one in Spain this summer even though I probably should :p:
Reply 6
there is one that goes to spain called Don Quixote language schools. Someone i know went with them and said it was really good.
Reply 7
paddy
Avoid EF!! I'm just back from 2 weeks in Barcelona with EF and the classes are rubbish! I mean some were alright, but I was high intermediate, all my friends there were beginners and they ALL said that the classes were totally crap and that everyone just spoke English all the time.
Trust me, there are some far better language schools out there than EF.

Hadn't I warned you about them before? :hmmm: And you didn't take my advice, tut tut.

Latest

Trending

Trending