The Student Room Group

Why do men generally not carry any sort of bag?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelcake123
Oh if you're gonna say it, at least spell it correctly. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by zzFishstick
Thank you! What is up with TSR users over-complicating every thing?

Original post by localblackguy
Are people physically incapable of reading the OP or?

what the localblackguy said.
Original post by LegatusShadow
Alot of women carry bags when I am in town e.g. handbags but the amount of males with bags is absurdly low? Maybe this is because of highstreet shops targeting women with their bags? This is why we need menism.....

EDIT: The point of this post is to just show how ridiculous and extreme this 'feminism' nonsense is. I do not believe there should be MENISM or FEMINISM but rather being GOOD HUMANISM.

Your love this guy.

[video="youtube;T0xoKiH8JJM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM[/video]
Alot of women carry bags when I am in town e.g. handbags but the amount of males with bags is absurdly low? Maybe this is because of highstreet shops targeting women with their bags? This is why we need menism.....

Do you actually not know why woman have bags and men do not? It is not societal pressures. Women feel compelled to carry more with them, whilst men carry wallet, keys and fags (fags are optional) and phone.

In Spain, men carry little shoulder-strap bags to carry those small things, because the heat is too much for their pockets.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Your love this guy.

[video="youtube;T0xoKiH8JJM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM[/video]

No I don't. Please read OP.

EDIT: The point of this post is to just show how ridiculous and extreme this 'feminism' nonsense is. I do not believe there should be MENISM or FEMINISM but rather being GOOD HUMANISM.

Men are good at taking with them only the things they need for that time out and using pockets. Women will bring a bag and put in their purse, make-up, phone, keys, bus pass maybe something to eat whereas a guy will use his trouser pockets for the wallet, keys, phone and bus pass. I only use a bag when I have stuff that requires something more than my pockets like my gym clothes.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithYou
Men are good at taking with them only the things they need for that time out and using pockets. Women will bring a bag and put in their purse, make-up, phone, keys, bus pass maybe something to eat whereas a guy will use his trouser pockets for the wallet, keys, phone and bus pass. I only use a bag when I have stuff that requires something more than my pockets like my gym clothes.

Exactly this is how feminists complain over everything not even relevant to women or most women I know don't even care about.
Original post by Mister Morality
Do you actually not know why woman have bags and men do not? It is not societal pressures. Women feel compelled to carry more with them, whilst men carry wallet, keys and fags (fags are optional) and phone.

In Spain, men carry little shoulder-strap bags to carry those small things, because the heat is too much for their pockets.

I agree yet disagree. Men and women could be carrying the same items but men would probably choose to carry the items on their person while a woman may opt for a bag. It's also a fashion statement and perhaps a stereotype at this point. When I was in secondary school the girls would bring big fashionable bags that you'd expect older women to own with them to school to carry their books rather than use a backpack which is more sensible. When I was working in a clothing store I some times see girls come in asking to exchange these fashionable bags because the straps would break since they're not made to carry school books around.
Reply 67
Original post by GANFYD
And more to the point, you have clothes WITH pockets! A ridiculous number of women's clothes do not have pockets in them (what is that all about)! I use my husband-he carries whatever I need :wink:

I was under the impression that women's clothing had small / fake pockets so that they had to buy a bag to go with it and therefore had to spend more money...?

Same as everyone saying that women feel compelled to carry more - again, I thought this was because companies could make more money selling you bags of different sizes.
I always have a coat and rucksack. I dont keep anything valuable in any exposed pockets (like trouser pockets) as they can be easily pickpockted. Also keep my valuables in secure internal pockets.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithYou
rather than use a backpack which is more sensible.

You figured it out- girls are irrational. Good job! Hence: men adapt and women have their social in-group status.
Original post by GodAtum
I always have a coat and rucksack. I dont keep anything valuable in any exposed pockets (like trouser pockets) as they can be easily pickpockted. Also keep my valuables in secure internal pockets.

A practical person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending