The Student Room Group

What maths type degree should I do?

Hey guys,

I am unsure about what degree I am wanting to do, I have my eyes set on actuarial science, computer science, maths and comp sci with maths. I enjoy applied maths but pure just seems to go over my head.

I want to know which one will give me the best career prospects and best salary.

I got ACCC in my A levels in maths, further maths, physics and economics, where physics is the one to drop. My further is 5 ums off a B and after resitting some modules I could probably get an A in all my AS results.

Currently thinking actuarial science at LSE but I think the course may be a bit too competitive with three A's since A*'s aren't really feasible for me.

-Binary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
There's gonna be a lot of difference between actuarial science and computer science

Don't just think about "which has the best career prospects", make sure it's one you enjoy
Reply 2
I kind of like the aspect of all them so I can't really decide without first trying.

Can anyone confirm the situation with LSE, I heard it is harder to get into there than Cambridge for some courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
For LSE I have found out that they don't have qualified actuaries just maths lecturers who have picked up the course. Can anyone give me an overview of the course since all I really know is that actuaries access risk and get paid a lot.

Also do you think I would get any offers from universities that have actuarial science, specifically southhampton with my predicted grades of AAA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending