The Student Room Group

Manchester 2016 applicants medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HCAssistant93
So sorry to hear! What was your UKCAT? Good luck with your other unis 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ukcat was 2630 (657.5) Thank you!
Original post by helloravers
hard going isn't it! Where else have you applied?

Exeter, Liverpool, and UEA. What about you?
Original post by WinterDucky
Exeter, Liverpool, and UEA. What about you?

Ive also applied to liverpool, so lets both hope!! My other choices were Cardiff and UCL (unconfident due to an under average bmat)
Ive also applied to liverpool, so lets both hope!! My other choices were Cardiff and UCL (unconfident due to an under average bmat)

Good luck!! Still unsure how Liverpool will use the ukcat though.
Original post by WinterDucky
Good luck!! Still unsure how Liverpool will use the ukcat though.

yeah same! I was unsuccessful last year with them, but thought the situation will be completely different since Ive got achieved grades and they've introduced the ukcat which hopefully means lower applicant numbers
Original post by Kralamoonard
Yep same here guys, got 657.5 which wasn't high enough and got rejected from Manchester, just found out now :frown:

Still waiting from Cardiff, St George's and Keele.

I thought judging on it all it was going to be enough for our scores
Reply 646
I thought judging on it all it was going to be enough for our scores

Yup I thought the same too. Oh well, we can look forwards to the other universities - even if it is disappointing - it's not over yet! :smile:
Rejection :frown:
2910 ukcat but non-acad info form too much crap
Is the cutoff for Manchester 2660 or did it increase again? I just got a rejection but my UKCAT was 2670 and the only reason was that "Your UKCAT overall score did not meet our threshold." Is there anything I can do?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by violee101
Is the cutoff for Manchester 2660 or did it increase again? I just got a rejection but my UKCAT was 2670 and the only reason was that "Your UKCAT overall score did not meet our threshold." Is there anything I can do?

We heard 2660 from someone who called them up-you could try calling them to check if there's been a mistake? Good luck
Reply 650
Original post by MMS2015
We heard 2660 from someone who called them up-you could try calling them to check if there's been a mistake? Good luck

They've actually published the same score on their website now, but I think they did say they applied standard deviation to their score so it might vary slightly between applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MMS2015

Sorry to hear about your rejection! I got the same ukcat score as you so now I'm so scared:frown:
Original post by Kralamoonard
Yep same here guys, got 657.5 which wasn't high enough and got rejected from Manchester, just found out now :frown:

Still waiting from Cardiff, St George's and Keele.

So provided you got the right GCSEs and predictions, you should at least have an interview for St George's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caoshuo

I haven't heard from them yet but I'm feelings hate this is going to be me :frown:
Original post by caoshuo

Did they day that? Cos that UKCAT is amazing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Annabel Mckee
Sorry to hear about your rejection! I got the same ukcat score as you so now I'm so scared:frown:

I got 2670 as well!!! So scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
I got 2670 as well!!! So scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the school I go to is really highly ranked maybe the cutoff was higher. Good luck on yours!
Original post by MMS2015

Do you know if I can just call general admissions office or should I wait for Manchester to send an email notification, I only found out via track?
Original post by Dalts
They've actually published the same score on their website now, but I think they did say they applied standard deviation to their score so it might vary slightly between applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi sorry, what do you mean by standard deviation and how would it vary? Would they compare scores with applicants from the same school as you?
Just checked the website and it says that students are grouped according to educational and socio-economic backgrounds and then the top scoring in each group go through to have their non-academic info considered. So I guess the cut-off just represents the lowest score of at least one of these groups. Sorry this isn't good news :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending