The Student Room Group

Manchester 2016 applicants medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasaminO_o
Phewwwww! Also, what counts as a "caring role"? I've volunteered at a hospital for 20 weeks where I chatted to and helped feed patients, I've mentored year 6s and tutored them maths, I've run a biology society for year 7s and 8s for two years which incorporated a mentoring role, WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY MEAN BY "CARING ROLE"?!

I think they refer to healthcare environment but you don't loose anything but including all that
Hey guys!
I recently was able to talk to one of the admissions tutors. They said the cut off looks like it would be around 2600 this year as they attempt to cut down on the applicants straight off the bat. HOWEVER, check if you have 2 contextual data flags. The ukcat cut off goes down a lot lower fortunately! How's everyone finding the additional form?
Original post by Immunology
Hey guys!
I recently was able to talk to one of the admissions tutors. They said the cut off looks like it would be around 2600 this year as they attempt to cut down on the applicants straight off the bat. HOWEVER, check if you have 2 contextual data flags. The ukcat cut off goes down a lot lower fortunately! How's everyone finding the additional form?

Awful I feel like such a pompous **** talking about myself
Awful I feel like such a pompous **** talking about myself

Who doesn't? Lmao. Oh well, I'd do anything for Manchester lmao. Keep going pal! It'll be worth it in the end.
Who doesn't? Lmao. Oh well, I'd do anything for Manchester lmao. Keep going pal! It'll be worth it in the end.

Can I send you my hoobies/interests section to make sure it's not utter waffle please?
Can I send you my hoobies/interests section to make sure it's not utter waffle please?

*hobbies lololol hoobies

If you trust me, yes. Remember Manchester do have plagiarism checks too for this form so be weary when you do send it people. I can promise you I won't use it though as I have already completed my sections. Make sure you PM it if you are going to do it. Don't want anything bad happening!
Reply 67
What sort of things are people talking about in the teamwork section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
What sort of things are people talking about in the teamwork section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll probably talk about being on the senior prefect team and events/fundraisers we've organised. I doubt it'll be looked upon too kindly bc as far as I'm aware they really couldn't give a toss about whether you're a prefect but it's the best I've got lol
If you volunteered at a specific place should you name it on the form?
Original post by macarenafc92
I think they refer to healthcare environment but you don't loose anything but including all that

Ah cool thanks chum :smile:
Hey guys!

Ok, hoping 2690 will be high enough because I don't have any contextual flags and Manchester is my first preference. :\
Original post by setarcos
Ok, hoping 2690 will be high enough because I don't have any contextual flags and Manchester is my first preference. :\

You'll be fine I'm guessing. Try not to worry about it :smile:
Reply 73
I'll probably talk about being on the senior prefect team and events/fundraisers we've organised. I doubt it'll be looked upon too kindly bc as far as I'm aware they really couldn't give a toss about whether you're a prefect but it's the best I've got lol

I was going to talk about being a prefect too, and duke of Edinburgh but that's all I think :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by setarcos

What is a contextual flag?!
Have people had their confirmation from Manchester yet? Starting to worry
You'll be fine I'm guessing. Try not to worry about it :smile:

Thanks, I'll try! :smile:
Reply 77
Hey guys!

I'm really struggling with my form! What are you talking about in your teamwork section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
What is a contextual flag?!

It's when if you are either from a low-performing school or a disadvantaged area (they will check your post code), the ukcat cut-off will be lower for you. I believe you need two contextual flags for this to be the case.
Original post by JulietR
I was going to talk about being a prefect too, and duke of Edinburgh but that's all I think :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do prefects only exist at private schools -_-? I go to a fairly large state school and no one here is prefect.

Original post by HCAssistant93
Have people had their confirmation from Manchester yet? Starting to worry

No but you can fill out the Supplementary form - just go on their website and there's a link.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending