The Student Room Group

GIRLS.. Why does this offend you so much?

Lately on Facebook and on other social media websites such as Tumblr and Twitter, i've been seeing an outrage of girls going crazy when guys say stuff like 'I prefer girls who wear less makeup' or 'I prefer it when girls don't draw their eyebrows on' Seriously, whenever I see a guy make a comment like this I will then see about 500 comments from crazy girls saying stuff like 'We don't do it for you, blah blah blah'

Why is it such an issue if a guy is simply stating what he prefers? us girls are doing it all the time, we are constantly going on about what we like in a guy, looks wise or personality wise too.. or both obviously. So why is it that when a guy makes a comment about what HE likes, you go crazy? I'm obviously aware that not all girls do this, but so many do and I just don't understand the issue ..

And as for the whole 'We don't do it to impress you' lets be honest here, if we left the house KNOWING that we wouldn't be bumping into anyone that day, or we wouldn't see anyone that day, would we bother to put on any makeup? probably not. When we know there is a chance of bumping into guys or friends or whatever it may be, we tend to make more of an effort. Most things in life are also to impress other people, whether it's our boss, our families, friends, whatever. It annoys me how defensive some girls get over this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
11949445_1050803751630427_760266639825747263_n.jpg
listen, If I payed soo much money to buy make up, the last thing i expect, less want is some dickhead to say i look better without it. who iz you?
Reply 3
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
listen, If I payed so much money to buy make up, the last thing i expect, less want is some dickhead to say i look better without it. who iz you?

You're going to have to say that in English for me to be able to give you an understanding response..
Original post by elliemayxo
You're going to have to say that in English for me to be able to give you an understanding response..

are you a meninist?
Reply 5
are you a meninist?

I don't actually feel the need to put myself into any category. I'm not a sheep.
Because the women who use those sites have nothing better to do than have a fit when when they don't feel validated.
Reply 7
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Because the women who use those sites have nothing better to do than have a fit when when they don't feel validated.

Sometimes I think these women wait for something to offend them just so they can have a go.
Sometimes I think these women wait for something to offend them just so they can have a go.

It's all about egos, validation, attention, vanity. It all stems from those. The 'me me me' culture. God forbid if you threaten one of those characteristics.
I think sometimes the issue is that the guys who claim they prefer girls who wear no/minimal makeup are the same ones who drool over celebrities who wear a fair amount of makeup and are never seen without it. And often the girls they claim aren't wearing much, thus looking better, are actually wearing a lot, they're just going for the "no makeup, makeup" look so they can't tell :lol:

But I definitely agree with your point; makeup isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and if you wear it, it's just something you're going to have to accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did it exhaust you to walk all the way up to this moral high ground?
Not every woman is offended! I don't care if someone says I look better without makeup,I wear it because I want to. It's my life therefore everything I do,especially with makeup and fashion,is for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't actually feel the need to put myself into any category. I'm not a sheep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That last sentence, like damn.
Original post by Changing Skies
I think sometimes the issue is that the guys who claim they prefer girls who wear no/minimal makeup are the same ones who drool over celebrities who wear a fair amount of makeup and are never seen without it. And often the girls they claim aren't wearing much, thus looking better, are actually wearing a lot, they're just going for the "no makeup, makeup" look so they can't tell :lol:

But I definitely agree with your point; makeup isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and if you wear it, it's just something you're going to have to accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I have to admit, that's something that winds me up sooo much, or when guys say they're against cosmetic surgery but they drool over celebrities who have had major botox and face lifts!.

And yes, exactly :smile:

Reminded me of:

But no I agree. We all have different preferences, which is good as it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same things. There's a difference between saying 'I prefer it when girls wear less makeup' to 'girls who wear a lot of makeup are ugly' etc though. You can have a preference without being rude about it.
Original post by ab992502
Not every woman is offended! I don't care if someone says I look better without makeup,I wear it because I want to. It's my life therefore everything I do,especially with makeup and fashion,is for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"I understand not all women are like this"

^ I did state that I know not all women get offended in those ways.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Reminded me of:

But no I agree. We all have different preferences, which is good as it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same things. There's a difference between saying 'I prefer it when girls wear less makeup' to 'girls who wear a lot of makeup are ugly' etc though. You can have a preference without being rude about it.

Absolutely. I'm just kind of reffering to when guys make little comments about it, not meaning any harm. And all of a sudden you get all these crazy women giving the guy abuse just for making one non offensive comment!
"I understand not all women are like this"

^ I did state that I know not all women get offended in those ways.

I am stating my opinion,you do not need to jump down my throat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
are you a meninist?

Meninists are nothing more than people who see modern day feminism for what it truly is, a joke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Completely agree with you. :biggrin:
I'm new here, so i'm not a familiar face yet; haha.

Quick Reply

Latest