The Student Room Group

GIRLS.. Why does this offend you so much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliemayxo
Huh? yes you are stating your opinion.. how have I gone against that in any way? you basically implied that I said all women get offended where as if you actually read my post then you would clearly see that I mentioned the fact that not all girls are like that. Nobody is jumping down your throat, don't get so defensive.

I'm not defensive but I didn't imply anything,I said my opinion that's all that needs to be said,if anything I just repeated what you said

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would rather have clear skin

and thick eyebrows and eyelashes naturally.

I am on my journey to that. (not telling you what I will do tho coz I don't want ya gals to take my method )

I hate makeup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
I would rather have clear skin

and thick eyebrows and eyelashes naturally.

I am on my journey to that. (not telling you what I will do tho coz I don't want ya gals to take my method )

I hate makeup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, my skin is pretty much clear but I still wear makeup just to enhance my features. Obviously not everyone wants to do that and I respect it.
Original post by ab992502
I'm not defensive but I didn't imply anything,I said my opinion that's all that needs to be said,if anything I just repeated what you said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok :smile:
Haha, my skin is pretty much clear but I still wear makeup just to enhance my features. Obviously not everyone wants to do that and I respect it.

100% agree! You can definitely have clear skin and wear makeup!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Changing Skies
I think sometimes the issue is that the guys who claim they prefer girls who wear no/minimal makeup are the same ones who drool over celebrities who wear a fair amount of makeup and are never seen without it. And often the girls they claim aren't wearing much, thus looking better, are actually wearing a lot, they're just going for the "no makeup, makeup" look so they can't tell :lol:

But I definitely agree with your point; makeup isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and if you wear it, it's just something you're going to have to accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point.

I felt the need to reply because your use of "cup of tea" made me instantly crave one...
100% agree! You can definitely have clear skin and wear makeup!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thankyou, I don't really get why so many think that girls wear makeup just because they have bad skin, it just enhances your face a little.. that's all :smile: I'm not going for the full cake face (well maybe sometimes) But I just like makeup.
Haha thankyou, I don't really get why so many think that girls wear makeup just because they have bad skin, it just enhances your face a little.. that's all :smile: I'm not going for the full cake face (well maybe sometimes) But I just like makeup.

Neither do I,obviously if that makes them more confident about their skin then go for it! But I am the same as you,I enjoy makeup and the power of what makeup can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I have to admit, that's something that winds me up sooo much, or when guys say they're against cosmetic surgery but they drool over celebrities who have had major botox and face lifts!.

And yes, exactly :smile:

Ahhhh, this annoys me so much too! :colonhash: :tongue:

yh.
you are beautiful x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neither do I,obviously if that makes them more confident about their skin then go for it! But I am the same as you,I enjoy makeup and the power of what makeup can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely. Sorry if I came across as a little vicious before by the way :wink:
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
listen, If I payed soo much money to buy make up, the last thing i expect, less want is some dickhead to say i look better without it. who iz you?

But it's the truth.

Makeup allows self-conscious people to artificially enhance their "beauty", but most don't realise that they look fake with it on.
Absolutely. Sorry if I came across as a little vicious before by the way :wink:

It's fine,I don't believe you did it out of anger,I just think we're quite similar and just clashed😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's fine,I don't believe you did it out of anger,I just think we're quite similar and just clashed😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes! I often misread things on here and tend to sometimes take things personally, but I'm working on that.
Haha yes! I often misread things on here and tend to sometimes take things personally, but I'm working on that.

Everything sounds different in text form and I guess sometimes that's the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Most Competitive
But it's the truth.

Makeup allows self-conscious people to artificially enhance their "beauty", but most don't realise that they look fake with it on.

quote-the-best-thing-is-to-look-natural-but-it-takes-makeup-to-look-natural-calvin-klein-103502.jpg
Unfortunately, one of the current aims of the modern feminist movement is to paint any criticism of females at all as misogynistic. Other examples include suggesting that fat women are less attractive than thin women and one amusing example was that if a wife asks the husband for money from their joint account, that's controlling behavior from him.

Personally i like lots of eye and blusher makeup, just not foundation or tanning. So more like an Oriental look i suppose.
quote-the-best-thing-is-to-look-natural-but-it-takes-makeup-to-look-natural-calvin-klein-103502.jpg

I think his use of the word "natural" refers to having perfectly clear, flawless skin. That doesn't look natural, for all humans have aesthetic flaws.

Besides, in my experience, ugly people tend to be the most obsessed with wearing makeup.
I think his use of the word "natural" refers to having perfectly clear, flawless skin. That doesn't look natural, for all humans have aesthetic flaws.

Besides, in my experience, ugly people tend to be the most obsessed with wearing makeup.

Haha wow :O ok

To be obsessed with makeup does not mean you are ugly. Some people love makeup because they enjoy the creativity that it allows you to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending