The Student Room Group

Open Uni

Hi I'm new here, just signed up to ask a question about entry requirements for adult nursing.

Long story short I was going to apply to do an access to HE in nursing at college last year but fell pregnant and didn't want to go this year as my baby is only 5 months old.

Just wondering if anyone has, or anyone knows if completing a certificate of HE in health sciences with the OU would fit the entry requirements to go the adult nursing degree? Is it the equivalent of the access course just done at home instead?

The uni I hope to go to is manchester met. I did ring them but the woman on the phone didn't seem to know! I got a B in both English and maths at school 10 years ago and they only want at C grade.

Or is it worth just waiting til next year to go to college?

Cheers!
Original post by Jemjars
Hi I'm new here, just signed up to ask a question about entry requirements for adult nursing.

Long story short I was going to apply to do an access to HE in nursing at college last year but fell pregnant and didn't want to go this year as my baby is only 5 months old.

Just wondering if anyone has, or anyone knows if completing a certificate of HE in health sciences with the OU would fit the entry requirements to go the adult nursing degree? Is it the equivalent of the access course just done at home instead?

The uni I hope to go to is manchester met. I did ring them but the woman on the phone didn't seem to know! I got a B in both English and maths at school 10 years ago and they only want at C grade.

Or is it worth just waiting til next year to go to college?

Cheers!

A certificate of higher education is a level 4 whereas access is level 3 so you could do level 4 and some unis do accept it for entry but it would be harder than an access course.
Hi!
The DLC run access to nursing courses online, so this might be a better option for you. I know lots of prospective midwives do their access to midwifery on there because of needing to stay home with little ones. Just check the certification date will be before you need to confirm results with uni x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending