The Student Room Group

Durham: what does this mean??

What does it mean when it states "studying psychology at A level or equivelent will form part of our offer"? As i was looking at Durham's website and this is what it said on the entry requirements section for Psychology?
Original post by stormh0ld
What does it mean when it states "studying psychology at A level or equivelent will form part of our offer"? As i was looking at Durham's website and this is what it said on the entry requirements section for Psychology?

I can't see this exact quote. Where have you seen it?
Reply 2
I'm assuming it means that you need to take Psychology as a course when you're applying. The 'or equivalent' means the equivalent of A levels (Scottish Highers, IB etc.) not an equivalent course in case that's what was confusing you.
Original post by afern
I'm assuming it means that you need to take Psychology as a course when you're applying. The 'or equivalent' means the equivalent of A levels (Scottish Highers, IB etc.) not an equivalent course in case that's what was confusing you.

Yet their site explicitly states they do not expect applicants to have studied Psychology. I suspect the OP has not quite got it right.
Reply 4
Original post by afern

I'm referring to the part where it states "it will form our offer" what does that mean? That i'll they'll lower the entry reuirements if you've studied psychology? Im just unsure
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Yet their site explicitly states they do not expect applicants to have studied Psychology. I suspect the OP has not quite got it right.

Sorry, i realise i didnt make myself clear! I was referring more to the part where it says if you study psychology at A level that it will "form part of our offer". I wasnt sure what this meant? That the offer will be lower than the entry requirement? Or that i will have to achive a specific grade in psychology? I hope this makes sense
Original post by stormh0ld
Sorry, i realise i didnt make myself clear! I was referring more to the part where it says if you study psychology at A level that it will "form part of our offer". I wasnt sure what this meant? That the offer will be lower than the entry requirement? Or that i will have to achive a specific grade in psychology? I hope this makes sense

It just means that if you study Psychology at A-level then Durham's offer will include you achieving a minimum grade in that subject. It does not mean a lower offer.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
It just means that if you study Psychology at A-level then Durham's offer will include you achieving a minimum grade in that subject. It does not mean a lower offer.

I understand now, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending