The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey! im just applying for the scheme at the moment, how did you find the video part to the application?
I have just sent off my application to this tonight! *crosses fingers*

The video was hard, I had to do it so many times to fit what I wanted into 2 minutes :/ not sure I put in exactly what they were looking for either. How did you find it?
Reply 3
I've pretty much completed the written part of the application, but need to do the video.

I'm also wondering what exactly to put in it - two minutes is not a lot of time! I plan to talk about some of my voluntary experiences in a bit more detail than the written questions allow, and try to link this with why I think it makes me suitable for the programme.

Fingers crossed! I wonder how long it'll take to hear back if we've made it to the next stage or not.
I'm applying at the moment - I've had rough notes of what I want to write jotted down for a couple of weeks, but actually putting them into sentences for the application is another thing!

I did the video today - no idea if it's really what they're looking for or not, but I talked about my own experiences with mental health, and how that's got me to the stage of applying to Think Ahead.

Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 5
I know the email said it could take up to three weeks to hear back from them but I was wondering if anyone here has been invited to do the situational judgement test yet?

Good luck to those still applying! I also found the video part quite difficult - it took a lot of attempts to fit what I wanted to say into just two minutes. 😆
Original post by maneki-neko
I know the email said it could take up to three weeks to hear back from them but I was wondering if anyone here has been invited to do the situational judgement test yet?

Good luck to those still applying! I also found the video part quite difficult - it took a lot of attempts to fit what I wanted to say into just two minutes. 😆

Hey, I've just taken the situational judgement test, got it through about 2 weeks and 2 days after sending off my app, hope that helps.

Good luck all!
Reply 7
Hello,

Has anybody heard anything else yet? I put my application in 2 weeks and 3 days ago and now i'm starting to worry!
Reply 8
Original post by 93cm
Hello,

Has anybody heard anything else yet? I put my application in 2 weeks and 3 days ago and now i'm starting to worry!

I was very similar to you, I think I submitted my app 2 weeks and 4 days ago lol. I was feeling quite anxious about the lack of contact and wondering whether to phone them today, but this afternoon I was sent a link for the situational judgement test. So, it seems they are sticking quite tightly to their deadlines and you should hear back soon!
Reply 9
Oh god now I'm worried. I've sent my application but didn't add a video. It says this shouldn't affect my application negatively in the FAQ section though. I'm really passionate about this as well so I just hope it has come across in my writing. Ah so it takes almost the full 3 weeks before you get a response then? And how is the situational judgement test? Is it alright or super hard? Thanks
Hey,

I wouldn't worry about the video too much, it's not compulsory and to be honest I didn't say much in the video that I hadn't already said in my written application.

The situational judgement test is interesting. I was very certain about some of my responses but with others it was more difficult to decide which of the four options I would be most likely to choose, either because my gut instinct was completely different to the choices given or because I found all of them fairly reasonable and thus it was hard to pick which I thought was best! It's not timed though so you have as long as you need to mull it over. I listened to a podcast that recommended reading about how varied the role of a social worker can be and all the different things they may have to deal with, as this can help you with the test.
Reply 11
Original post by maneki-neko
Hey,

I wouldn't worry about the video too much, it's not compulsory and to be honest I didn't say much in the video that I hadn't already said in my written application.

The situational judgement test is interesting. I was very certain about some of my responses but with others it was more difficult to decide which of the four options I would be most likely to choose, either because my gut instinct was completely different to the choices given or because I found all of them fairly reasonable and thus it was hard to pick which I thought was best! It's not timed though so you have as long as you need to mull it over. I listened to a podcast that recommended reading about how varied the role of a social worker can be and all the different things they may have to deal with, as this can help you with the test.

Thank you very much that's put my mind at ease a bit - have you heard anything back about the next stage? I really really think this graduate scheme is such an excellent opportunity.
They haven't been in touch yet but the email I received after doing the test said they would contact me within three weeks, so I'm expecting that it'll still be a while before I hear back!
Reply 13
Hello - just heard back about the assessment day, i'm attending in London in the middle of November. Has anyone else heard back??
Reply 14
Original post by 93cm
Hello - just heard back about the assessment day, i'm attending in London in the middle of November. Has anyone else heard back??

That's so good , well done you! I haven't heard back from the first stage yet, its 3 weeks on Thursday! How long did it take them to get back to you? And how long after the situational judgement test did they get back to you about an assessment day?
Reply 15
Thank you :smile: Very excited but nervous at the same time. I did the situational judgement around 2 weeks ago. I remember i recieved the tests exactly 3 weeks after my application, so i wasn't expecting to hear back this soon!

I'm sure they will get back to you soon, and good luck!!
Hello Everyone,

I put my application in 3 weeks today and I still haven't heard anything....

Anyone in this situation?
Reply 17
Original post by alexandrasmiles
Hello Everyone,

Hello - It took the exactly three weeks for them to return my application. I would just hold tight, I think they just have an extremely high amount of applications to respond to. Good Luck!!
Reply 18
Original post by alexandrasmiles
Hello Everyone,

I'm three weeks tomorrow and no response yet
I am three weeks tomorrow and haven't heard anything either. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'm going to give them a call on Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

Latest