The Student Room Group

Computer Science

Hello,
I am starting UCAS and have been looking at Computer Science as a choice. I did ICT,Maths and Ancient History at AS Level and achieved A,C,B. I have had no real experience with programming however I would obviously use code academy and other things to broaden my horizons before starting a course. Just wondering if you guys think I would be able to do Computer Science and if I should?

Posted from TSR Mobile
C in maths - forgive me for jumping to inaccurate conclusions but you might struggle with maths vin comp sci at uni level
Also you need to be doing a bit more than programming to show your enthusiasm for the subject
Original post by DerbyBoy123
Hello,
I am starting UCAS and have been looking at Computer Science as a choice. I did ICT,Maths and Ancient History at AS Level and achieved A,C,B. I have had no real experience with programming however I would obviously use code academy and other things to broaden my horizons before starting a course. Just wondering if you guys think I would be able to do Computer Science and if I should?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TBH I don't think anyone can really answer this for you - only you know if you can do it, and nobody can tell you what you can and can't do.

What I will say it try some coding, see if you understand it, and more importantly see if you enjoy it (I recommend Python to start with) if you enjoy doing that and want to find out more about what's behind the magic - then CompSci might be for you!
Reply 3
Original post by Ilovemaths96
C in maths - forgive me for jumping to inaccurate conclusions but you might struggle with maths vin comp sci at uni level
Also you need to be doing a bit more than programming to show your enthusiasm for the subject

I know of people applying who failed Maths completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You should do codecademy now do have something to write on your PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending