The Student Room Group

Eastern Europe should accept these refugees

Considering how many Eastern Europeans have moved to Western Europe, I think any refugees should be sent to Eastern European countries (and not given the freedom of movement EU citizens receive).

Why should Britain have to receive low-skilled Eastern Europeans AND refugees?

Scroll to see replies

maybe the Mediterranean countries should accept thse migrants as under EU law they are supposed to register in the country they first land in. However they do not and expect to go where they want which should not be the case.
Reply 2
Saudi Arabia and the rest of the rich Arab states should be taking them, not us.
Reply 3
Original post by Connman123
maybe the Mediterranean countries should accept thse migrants as under EU law they are supposed to register in the country they first land in. However they do not and expect to go where they want which should not be the case.

Greece and Italy are completely overwhelmed already - the islands are inundated, literally. Not that their economies can handle this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I think that every nation who has been involved in these countries where the refugees are coming from should all share the burden. Romania, Serbia, Czech Republic etc... should not be paying for the devastation caused by the US, Russia, UK, Germany, France, KSA, Jordan, Turkey etc...
Reply 5
Original post by saeed97
I think that every nation who has been involved in these countries where the refugees are coming from should all share the burden. Romania, Serbia, Czech Republic etc... should not be paying for the devastation caused by the US, Russia, UK, Germany, France, KSA, Jordan, Turkey etc...

Oh so we should have let Assad continue butchering them, yeah?

Punish us for trying to remove him?
Reply 6
Original post by billydisco
Oh so we should have let Assad continue butchering them, yeah?

Punish us for trying to remove him?

Syrians could have dealt with this by them selves, now that we have major nations playing a part in this all it has prolonged the war and made it a political game between world powers. So yes, should a country get involved with something they must be ready for all the sh*t that comes along with it.
Don't worry when they get to Britain they will take one look at the place and realise that Britain is finished. Extortionate house prices and rents, rip-off trains, people dying because of the NHS because we are too soft to allow privatised health care, a nanny state government that says you can't eat salt or fatty food and taxes you for pretty much the air you breathe, with politics dominated by feminists, vegetarians, gays and liberals.

They will say this country is finished and leave for Switzerland or Hong Kong where they can enjoy a low tax low bureaucracy environment.
Reply 8
Original post by saeed97
Syrians could have dealt with this by them selves

Then why didn't they? Because they were getting slaughtered, hence we went in.
Reply 9
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Don't worry when they get to Britain they will take one look at the place and realise that Britain is finished. Extortionate house prices and rents, rip-off trains, people dying because of the NHS because we are too soft to allow privatised health care, a nanny state government that says you can't eat salt or fatty food and taxes you for pretty much the air you breathe, with politics dominated by feminists, vegetarians, gays and liberals.

They will say this country is finished and leave for Switzerland or Hong Kong where they can enjoy a low tax low bureaucracy environment.

You really don't understand how these people think, do you?

Low tax? I really don't see why a Mother and her five kids give a **** about a low-tax country?

Oh god this is funny. Are they going to arrive, check the school league tables and then move to Finland?
Reply 10
Then why didn't they? Because they were getting slaughtered, hence we went in.

Well we will never know seeing as soon as any trouble popped up, here came the US and its lapdogs alongside Russia turning Syria into a playground for old men in suits.
You really don't understand how these people think, do you?

Low tax? I really don't see why a Mother and her five kids give a **** about a low-tax country?

Oh god this is funny. Are they going to arrive, check the school league tables and then move to Finland?

Maybe because they haven't been brought up on the leftist feminist EU doctrine that people over here have, and came from a country where you have to be an entrepreneur to survive.
I think eastern European countries do let in migrants. The problem is that migrants aren't interested in living in Latvia, Estonia, Serbia etc. despite them being safe countries. No, they all want western Europe because they'll get more benefits, because apparently beggars can also be choosers with a shopping list of preferred countries. This is why quotas won't work; because migrants would simply refuse to stay if they were assigned to an eastern European country. I know people might disagree and say I'm being harsh but I really do think that if someone is genuinely fleeing for their lives and looking for safety, they should accept what's given by any European country (east or west) and be grateful for it.
They are not going to take them in because they dont have money to keep them. They have no use for them either since there are no jobs. They will not be able to learn the difficult languages either. They will also not integrate well at all and will not be accepted by the native population. Their presence would also just increase the already present far right/neo nazi support, so no, I dont want them in my country [Hungary], these are not multicultural socities like the UK are. Nobody is going to hire them. They have enough problems in those countries. All of this 'Eastern Europe should take them' needs to be let go because it will not happen, they will simply not take them.
Original post by Veggiechic6
I think eastern European countries do let in migrants. The problem is that migrants aren't interested in living in Latvia, Estonia, Serbia etc. despite them being safe countries. No, they all want western Europe because they'll get more benefits, because apparently beggars can also be choosers with a shopping list of preferred countries. This is why quotas won't work; because migrants would simply refuse to stay if they were assigned to an eastern European country. I know people might disagree and say I'm being harsh but I really do think that if someone is genuinely fleeing for their lives and looking for safety, they should accept what's given by any European country (east or west) and be grateful for it.

These are all small countries, even if they do take in migrants, they cannot take in big numbers with their miniscule populations. Therefore Western Europe will have to take the burden. We are not talking about a couple of thousands of 'refugees' here, thje numbers of huge and they cannot all stay in Eastern Europe
Original post by driftawaay
These are all small countries, even if they do take in migrants, they cannot take in big numbers with their miniscule populations. Therefore Western Europe will have to take the burden. We are not talking about a couple of thousands of 'refugees' here, thje numbers of huge and they cannot all stay in Eastern Europe

I never said they should all stay in eastern Europe. I'm saying that being a refugee doesn't give you any right to dictate what country you'd prefer to live in. Western Europe are only currently taking the burden because migrants see it as more attractive places to live and they're heading there. They talk on the news about Europe sharing the burden equally but if you look at this list of European countries, a lot of them aren't even mentioned as migrant destinations and some of them like Ukraine, Poland and Romania have some of the biggest populations in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_population
Reply 16

Errr didn't the prime ministers of Hungary and Slovakia declare they are Christian countries and not accepting Muslim immigrants?
I never said they should all stay in eastern Europe. I'm saying that being a refugee doesn't give you any right to dictate what country you'd prefer to live in. Western Europe are only currently taking the burden because migrants see it as more attractive places to live and they're heading there. They talk on the news about Europe sharing the burden equally but if you look at this list of European countries, a lot of them aren't even mentioned as migrant destinations and some of them like Ukraine, Poland and Romania have some of the biggest populations in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_population

I dont think I have to mention Romania's economy, we all know they are coming to the UK because they dont have jobs over there. Romania will not take them because they dont have jobs for them and they dont have benefits either. They dont even have jobs and benefits for Romanians. As for Ukraine... yeah, Africans and Muslims in Ukraine, Poland? Thats asking for trouble, those countries will not tolerate Muslims and Africans. And we dont need increasing Nazism in Europe. This is just fuel to the fire.
Russia should take a vast majority of the refugees considering it's the largest country on earth in terms of area.
Reply 19
They are not going to take them in because they dont have money to keep them.

You should do considering how many of your unskilled are living in the UK.

They have no use for them either since there are no jobs.

Create jobs then, like the UK manages to.

They will not be able to learn the difficult languages either.

Why should they have to learn your language? In the UK we have had to spend money on translators and translating all documentation in to Hungarian, so now its your turn!

They will also not integrate well at all and will not be accepted by the native population.

But its fine for Eastern Europeans to come to the UK?

Their presence would also just increase the already present far right/neo nazi support, so no, I dont want them in my country [Hungary]

Oh but we should want them in our's?

these are not multicultural socities like the UK are.

Well you've gotta start somewhere....

Nobody is going to hire them. They have enough problems in those countries.

Pay them welfare benefits like we pay Eastern Europeans benefits.

All of this 'Eastern Europe should take them' needs to be let go because it will not happen, they will simply not take them.

Shame we don't stop admitting EU immigrants too!

Quick Reply

Latest