The Student Room Group

Why do white people...

Why do Caucasian people get discriminated the least or hardly.
I can post tons of videos of ignorant white people being racist towards other ethnicities I can hardly find anything the other way around. Especially if lets say a black man or a Russian or a Muslim commit a crime and if you look at the comments on the news article you will literally see most white people ranting and blaming the whole race/religion bull**** but when a white person commits a crime, no one is going to blame the white people. Almost every school shooter is white, almost every person who have set fire and blown up abortion clinics are white. For the record i am mixed race. Well yes, of course white privileges exist but the extent of the privileges is extremely high, where as if you are white you can do anything without getting judged, literally. (I don't hate white people, my dads white) Well, what are you're thoughts ?

Scroll to see replies

It is a white man's world. As an Asian Muslim, I had to work triple hard to get equality-lite. So sad.
Reply 2
Institutional Racism, other nations are told that they need to try to be like western countries, minorities in western countries are told that Caucasian are the ideal.
Reply 3
I'm a white person, and I've been discriminated against. I lived in another country years ago, and although the country was mostly white people, not all of them took kindly to a British person living in their country. It's only being able to experience this, and seeing the struggles of a family member who couldn't get a job because (although we all learnt the primary language there), couldn't get a job due to it not being her primary language, I think I can understand in some effects people who do move to another culture, and who are targeted.

It's not always based on the colour of your skin, just remember that. There are plenty of white people who may not like white people from other countries, and vice versa.
Original post by Silly_Monkey
It is a white man's world. As an Asian Muslim, I had to work triple hard to get equality-lite. So sad.

True and false, probably the most common response to that would be from a white American saying " Obama is black" but however, he still lives in the white house.But anyway im white and most of my friends are Asian, I dont think my life is any diffrent to theirs
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hello121212
Why do Caucasian people get discriminated the least or hardly.
I can post tons of videos of ignorant white people being racist towards other ethnicities I can hardly find anything the other way around. Especially if lets say a black man or a Russian or a Muslim commit a crime and if you look at the comments on the news article you will literally see most white people ranting and blaming the whole race/religion bull**** but when a white person commits a crime, no one is going to blame the white people. Almost every school shooter is white, almost every person who have set fire and blown up abortion clinics are white. For the record i am mixed race. Well yes, of course white privileges exist but the extent of the privileges is extremely high, where as if you are white you can do anything without getting judged, literally. (I don't hate white people, my dads white) Well, what are you're thoughts ?

Racism is a social construct which was created by white people at the time where they were also invading countries to gain power, bringing slavery to their countries etc. They frowned down upon other races because they thought they were superior. Now they complain about us (not all) even though they invited foreign doctors to come to England etc and it wasn't like we invaded their country
this is why.
Racism is sparked very cleverly by the white, male media for eg about the refugees in the same newspaper a homeless dog was depicted as more human than the people who were dying trying to gain freedom. This also has alot to do with capitalism. Power creates inequalities because one race being superior makes it easier for the structure to run smoothly. Disgusting i know..

- I'm not speaking for every white person just the minority of racist pigs
Reply 6
Why do white people love their cornflakes?
Reply 7
Original post by PrincessAnna
True and false, probably the most common response to that would be from a white American saying " Obama is black" but however, he still lives in the white house.But anyway im white and most of my friends are Asian, I dont think my life is any diffrent to theirs

My white friends could say the same thing about me, that i haven't experienced anything different to them but no i have. I have experienced racism because i am not white. I'm asian. And Obama is half white and half black, people always project him as just a black man but actually he's mixed race.
The president could be black, or could be female that doesn't change the structure of inequality that will still be present, for eg police brutality.
I think white people are seen as coming from many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds and so make less sense to generalise about - and that's perfectly legitimate. What people don't seem to realise is that people of other races, who are subject to stereotyping and prejudice, likewise come from many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Reply 9
Original post by spurs9393
Reported for racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

reverse racism doesn't exist lmao
Original post by Silly_Monkey

get outta here. im guessing you live in the uk. the uk isnt racist. if anything unis are more inclined to take you because you're a minority. this isn't america or somewhere deeply racist.
The only culture the British Caucasians have is eating fish and chips, and going binge drinking.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think white people are seen as coming from many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds and so make less sense to generalise about - and that's perfectly legitimate. What people don't seem to realise is that people of other races, who are subject to stereotyping and prejudice, likewise come from many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Original post by Ghaniza
My white friends could say the same thing about me, that i haven't experienced anything different to them but no i have. I have experienced racism because i am not white. I'm asian. And Obama is half white and half black, people always project him as just a black man but actually he's mixed race.
The president could be black, or could be female that doesn't change the structure of inequality that will still be present, for eg police brutality.

police brutality is a problem in america but I don't think the problem is racism. the police are largely white because lets face it black people in america don't want to be in the police. they end up shooting more black people (in terms of proportionality of the population) than white people because more crime is committed by black people (in terms of proportionality of the population) than white people. It does make sense.

The black people in america don't like the police much because they are harassed by white police officers. You can hardly blame the police though if black people are 6x, 7x, 8x, more likely to commit a crime.
Reply 13
Original post by sqwertylol
police brutality is a problem in america but I don't think the problem is racism. the police are largely white because lets face it black people in america don't want to be in the police. they end up shooting more black people (in terms of proportionality of the population) than white people because more crime is committed by black people (in terms of proportionality of the population) than white people. It does make sense.

The black people in america don't like the police much because they are harassed by white police officers. You can hardly blame the police though if black people are 6x, 7x, 8x, more likely to commit a crime.

You have to be kidding me, to strangle black boys of age 18 or less or men to death without even knowing for sure that they're guilty is a serious problem. Labelling is a problem and black people and white people commit crime but white people get away with it for doing the same thing, research it. they get off with a lesser sentence than black people.

"You can hardly blame them?" Are they children? That they are innocent of their actions?
No, what about the church shooting? How that white boy got away with it and protected by the police is an example of the disgusting inequality there is racially. Not to mention that these black men were innocent and black women too killed and abused physically
Original post by Ghaniza
You have to be kidding me, to strangle black boys of age 18 or less or men to death without even knowing for sure that they're guilty is a serious problem. Labelling is a problem and black people and white people commit crime but white people get away with it for doing the same thing, research it. they get off with a lesser sentence than black people.

"You can hardly blame them?" Are they children? That they are innocent of their actions?
No, what about the church shooting? How that white boy got away with it and protected by the police is an example of the disgusting inequality there is racially. Not to mention that these black men were innocent and black women too killed and abused physically

strangling i can't believe without evidence, cmon. Also just because they are black it doesn;t mean that because the police is white then its therefore because he hates black people. Context is key.
i said you can hardly blame them in terms of harassing and approaching black communities. not about abusing them ffs. and i explained why they are more likely to approach black communities. more crime occurs there.

its obvious that there is some racism in america and their police but all these riots arent an uprising of race. its more those communities saying f*** the police blah blah blah. burning down their own communities business's. incredibly stupid
Reply 15
strangling i can't believe without evidence, cmon. Also just because they are black it doesn;t mean that because the police is white then its therefore because he hates black people. Context is key.
i said you can hardly blame them in terms of harassing and approaching black communities. not about abusing them ffs. and i explained why they are more likely to approach black communities. more crime occurs there.

its obvious that there is some racism in america and their police but all these riots arent an uprising of race. its more those communities saying f*** the police blah blah blah. burning down their own communities business's. incredibly stupid

have you not been watching the news or following social media? Maybe they didn't show it on the news it but yes. Heard of the 'i can't breathe' protests and that's where the blacklivesmatter came about. I am telling you the context is stereotypes which kills people!

If white people were being harassed by police, being seen as anything but human, treated that way too. Would the not all want to riot, speak out? It's outrage.
That's how women got their vote too, fighting for it, making some noise

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/04/we-cant-breathe-eric-garner-protesters-chant-last-words

There's plenty for black people to be angry about in America. This http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/19/black-votes-matter-north-carolina-voting-law alont with many other issues has caused them to be furious. A very small minority destroying business, of which half were white people who just wanted to loot, took the press as the media is biased.
White people dont get racially abused here because it's a white majority country. You can generalise about minorities but never majorities because the majority own the media and therefore societal opinions. Racism exists in every country in the world and mocking and abusing minorities in foreign countries is not unusual. I know that you've never lived anywhere else but you have to understand that white countries are the least racist in the world which is depressing but extremely true. Being mixed race might feel like you're stuck between two communities and you can't fit in with both of them however you need to try to.
Original post by MrKmas508
White people dont get racially abused here because it's a white majority country. You can generalise about minorities but never majorities because the majority own the media and therefore societal opinions. Racism exists in every country in the world and mocking and abusing minorities in foreign countries is not unusual. I know that you've never lived anywhere else but you have to understand that white countries are the least racist in the world which is depressing but extremely true. Being mixed race might feel like you're stuck between two communities and you can't fit in with both of them however you need to try to.

The sentence about white countries being the least racist is the most bs I've read, and I found my sister's diary.
Original post by GdotMdot
The sentence about white countries being the least racist is the most bs I've read, and I found my sister's diary.

Have you ever lived in a non white country ever in your life, honestly. This is from world value surveyimage.jpg today 10,000 refugees entered Germany for asylum, many people were upset however it happened, you'll never see that happen in a non white country.

Quick Reply

Latest