The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to these universities with my AS grades?

I achieved:
B - Maths
B - Physics
C - Computing
D - Chemistry
at AS level, is it worth me applying to unis like Bath, Exeter, Birmingham and Manchester for a Physics or Maths degree?
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
I achieved:
B - Maths
B - Physics
C - Computing
D - Chemistry
at AS level, is it worth me applying to unis like Bath, Exeter, Birmingham and Manchester for a Physics or Maths degree?

It's worth applying to one of them as a risky choice but applying to others that you are likely to meet the requirements such as Huddersfield and Hull and Loughborough.
I achieved:
B - Maths
B - Physics
C - Computing
D - Chemistry

What are you predicted? What are their requirements?
Original post by ageshallnot
What are you predicted? What are their requirements?

I would be predicted AABB if I continued with all 4 subjects (which I'm not), the entry requirements for those unis are generally A*AA to AAA.
I would be predicted AABB if I continued with all 4 subjects (which I'm not), the entry requirements for those unis are generally A*AA to AAA.

So even at best, your predictions fall short of their requirements. Perhaps try one of them as an aspirational choice and be more realistic with your other choices?

If you do better than wherever you firm you could try adjustment. Alternatively take a gap year and reapply.
Original post by ageshallnot
So even at best, your predictions fall short of their requirements. Perhaps try one of them as an aspirational choice and be more realistic with your other choices?

If you do better than wherever you firm you could try adjustment. Alternatively take a gap year and reapply.

Thanks for your honesty, what would be the likelihood that I get an offer from anyone of those unis?
Thanks for your honesty, what would be the likelihood that I get an offer from anyone of those unis?

Possible from an AAA? Not very likely though. Meeting the offer is another matter...
Reply 8
AAB are still pretty solid predictions, you could possibly get an offer if you apply for Bsc? you still have a ton of top tier universities you can still apply to, Lancaster and such. Try super hard during your first term and ace your progress tests and see if either maths or physics will predict you a A* if so then you could most definitely receive an offer from all of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending