The Student Room Group

Law or Classics degree?

Hi
I have just gone into year 13 and I was sure I wanted to study Law and I hope to become a barrister in the future. However, recently I have been looking at Classics degrees and I am really interested in the course and I think I would really enjoy it. I know Law is a hard degree but I am really passionate about law as an academic subject and I would like to study it in depth which is not really possible on the GDL. A teacher has advised me to do Classics and then the conversion course but I am really torn. I would have more opportunities on a Law degree to be involved in law clinics and careers fairs etc but I am unsure whether I would do better in Classics as I may find it a bit easier.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. 😊
Choose a course based on your true passions and career prospect, not on supposed difficulty level. If you're determined to become a barrister you should go for a law degree as competition for this job is high and a full law degree will prepare you better for fieldwork.
And trust me, classics isn't easy at all :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Marie_Antoinette
Choose a course based on your true passions and career prospect, not on supposed difficulty level. If you're determined to become a barrister you should go for a law degree as competition for this job is high and a full law degree will prepare you better for fieldwork.
And trust me, classics isn't easy at all :wink:

Thanks so much. I do think that a straight law degree might be better for me and I think I could do well if i'm really determined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending