The Student Room Group

What did/do you find easier, A Level or Degree?

Poll

What Is Harder?

Hey Guys;

Well, I've thought this for a while and I know a few people who agree with me, but what did/do you find easier?

This thread is ideally meant for people who have completed at least their first year of uni so they can at least compare. So, what do you think is easier, A level or Degree level work?

Personally, I found A levels harder...
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Well, I've thought this for a while and I know a few people who agree with me, but what did/do you find easier?

This thread is ideally meant for people who have completed at least their first year of uni so they can at least compare. So, what do you think is easier, A level or Degree level work?

Personally, I found A levels harder...

I definitely found the first year of my degree easier, probably because it was actually something I wanted to do.
First year was easier than A levels because it's a subject I love and actually really wanted to do (and loads of people, both on and off the degree, have said they know how enthusiastic I am for the subject). That's unlike A levels; I got lumbered with and forced to do subjects I hated with a passion!
Reply 3
Original post by ChemicalBond
First year was easier than A levels because it's a subject I love and actually really wanted to do (and loads of people, both on and off the degree, have said they know how enthusiastic I am for the subject). That's unlike A levels; I got lumbered with and forced to do subjects I hated with a passion!

How? If you hated those subjects you could have dropped them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justag
How? If you hated those subjects you could have dropped them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very long and complicated, but to cut a long story short, it was a monumental ****up on my secondary school's part, meaning I got an urgent transfer to a different sixth form (without my consent), the subjects I wanted to do were full, it was impractical to go elsewhere and it was impossible to drop them (despite practically begging).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ChemicalBond
It's very long and complicated, but to cut a long story short, it was a monumental ****up on my secondary school's part, meaning I got an urgent transfer to a different sixth form (without my consent), the subjects I wanted to do were full, it was impractical to go elsewhere and it was impossible to drop them (despite practically begging).

Ok, well that's your own particular circumstances. Most people get to choose their subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest