The Student Room Group

Do i drop electronics for A2?

Hi, im just starting A2 with subjects Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Electronics. I got 4 As at AS so i decided to carry on all 4 subjects with the plan to possibly drop Electronics early on if i wanted to. I find the electronics course rather easy, however the coursework is rather time consuming.

I have to drop electronics pretty fast if i want to and im unsure what to do... I want to go to Uni to study either Computer Science or Maths with Comp Sci. I guess my question is how much better does 4 A2 look or even electronics as a subject? Will it help me get into Uni? None of the courses im looking at require electronics and im just wondering if its worth the time and effort to do it - whereas the time could be spent doing things like working harder at my other subjects, writing my personal statement, or preparing for STEP/MAT exams.

Thanks

(My electronics board is WJEC)
Original post by Mindslips
Hi, im just starting A2 with subjects Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Electronics. I got 4 As at AS so i decided to carry on all 4 subjects with the plan to possibly drop Electronics early on if i wanted to. I find the electronics course rather easy, however the coursework is rather time consuming.

I have to drop electronics pretty fast if i want to and im unsure what to do... I want to go to Uni to study either Computer Science or Maths with Comp Sci. I guess my question is how much better does 4 A2 look or even electronics as a subject? Will it help me get into Uni? None of the courses im looking at require electronics and im just wondering if its worth the time and effort to do it - whereas the time could be spent doing things like working harder at my other subjects, writing my personal statement, or preparing for STEP/MAT exams.

Thanks

I have just started electronics at gcse so i was wondering whether it's a good subject to have. Also, if it's as difficult as it seems. Thanks
Original post by Mindslips

Thanks

Personally, i feel you should drop it if it doesn't offer you much and it's time consuming

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending