The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Question about SUSU fresher events

Is there anyone else dreading freshers 2015? Having only been clubbing a few times before and not being a big drinker myself, I'm hesitant on splashing out the £80 for the Master Pass in case i end up finding its not for me. And I would much rather just hang out in a pub, or buy a few events separately just to get the feel of it. However everyone I've met so far seems to be the complete opposite, and I would hate to feel left out.

edit: sorry, the title is a bit irrelevant from when i first posted
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I'm not a huge party animal myself. However, I did buy the masterpass because freshers is a one off event. If you're definitely against clubbing, maybe buying a couple of single events would be better and on the big nights out you can go to the pub or stay in the common room and you'll find people who also aren't big clubbers :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
There's a non-drinkers chat going around which, whilst I will drink, is the closest you may find to people who aren't into that sort of thing.
Reply 3
Oh, I'm far from teetotal, but i would definitely say i'm more of a social drinker. Can you buy extra fresher tickets at a later date? i'm thinking of buying the first 3-4 events first, then deciding later whether i'd be up for spending money on the more expensive events like the freshers ball if i enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending