The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

What are the chances of me being accepted to Edinburgh University?

Hi, i recently moved to Scotland from England, i'm looking to go to Edinburgh University next year and take Business or Accounting. I have 11 GCSE's (C at English, B at Maths) and i am predicted straight A's at higher (Modern Studies, History, Accounting and Business) and an A at Nat 5 maths by the end of S5. Is this enough to get me in to Edinburgh without going through S6?
Original post by Son of Keynes
Hi, i recently moved to Scotland from England, i'm looking to go to Edinburgh University next year and take Business or Accounting. I have 11 GCSE's (C at English, B at Maths) and i am predicted straight A's at higher (Modern Studies, History, Accounting and Business) and an A at Nat 5 maths by the end of S5. Is this enough to get me in to Edinburgh without going through S6?

It may well be - it will depend on lots of other things as well though. Your personal statement will be very important and you need to show your commitment to your subject. Both of these subjects have a typical offer of 4 A's and the Business School had an offer rate of just 18.8%, for the last year statistics are available, so you will be competing with lots of other pupils who have or are predicted to get straight A's

DO you have mostly A's in your GCSE's?

Given that you are only a few weeks into the new school year and that you have only just arrived at the school and into the Scottish education system- how can you already have predicted grades? The teacher can't possibly have seen enough of your work to have some to any meaningful conclusion yet.

SO if you really want to go to Edinburgh at the end of S5- there is no harm in applying but make sure you give yourself the best chance by writing a great personal statement and getting some relevant experience so you stand out from the crowd.

If you really want to not do S6 also consider applying to some other universities to make sure you have back u in case you don't quite get the grades.

Good Luck
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Son of Keynes
Hi, i recently moved to Scotland from England.

You did what!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending