The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Thanks 93cm. Where you and others put on the reserve list as you fell short of the standard expected for the verbal reasoning?
Reply 41
Original post by flibbet
Hey guys, have heard back from my assessment centre now - I got through! :smile: Pending references etc will be starting work as a social worker next summer, very happy :biggrin:

Hopefully you all get the results you're looking for too & we'll be working together

Hey Flibbet, I was just wondering how long it took to hear back from your assessment centre? :smile:
Where did you find the practice tests?

Original post by lucymarie94
I've applied this year, will be doing my verbal reasoning tests in the next 4 days. done some practices online and I'm only scoring 6-7 out of 20! not looking good for me! any advice welcome
Reply 43
Did any of you guys who got through to the assessment centre think you didn't do so great on the video interview? I did mine yesterday and i was really nervous so the first couple of questions didn't go great but the others were okay. Gonna be so sad if I don't get through!!
Reply 44
Original post by 93cm
Hey Flibbet, I was just wondering how long it took to hear back from your assessment centre? :smile:

Hey sorry, missed this! I heard exactly three weeks after the assessment day I'm afraid! I had the assessment centre on a Thursday and heard three weeks later on the Friday. So probably not what you want to hear, but at least a long wait doesn't necessarily mean bad news!

And Holly, I thought my video interview went terribly too as I was so nervy, I'd pretty much given up hope after it, but still got invited along :smile:
Hey guys, I heard back from my AC and I've also got through! :smile: If it helps, I also heard back just over three weeks after my AC. Best of luck to everyone else - hopefully it'll be good news for you all!
Flibbet, congratulations! :smile: Have you received your offer letter etc. in the post yet?
Reply 46
Original post by SunnySummer1
Hey guys, I heard back from my AC and I've also got through! :smile: If it helps, I also heard back just over three weeks after my AC. Best of luck to everyone else - hopefully it'll be good news for you all!
Flibbet, congratulations! :smile: Have you received your offer letter etc. in the post yet?

Congratulations to you! :biggrin: What region are you hoping to be placed in?

I just got my offer letters yesterday, think my references were sent early last week, so going to fill in everything tonight.
Reply 47
Original post by Chelouise
Congratulations so pleased for you :smile: my assessment centre is Friday is there any advice you would give!

Congratulations again and hopefully I will be with you in the summer 🙏

Hello, congratulations on getting through! How long does the assessment centre take roughly? I just need to know so I can book my train ticket, thanks x
Reply 48
Original post by flibbet
Hey guys, have heard back from my assessment centre now - I got through! :smile: Pending references etc will be starting work as a social worker next summer, very happy :biggrin:

Hopefully you all get the results you're looking for too & we'll be working together

Hello, congratulations on getting through! Just wondering how long the assessment centre takes? I just need to know so I can book my train tickets, thanks ☺️ X
Hi everyone,

I've just been put through to video interview stage which I'm shocked and happy about - didn't think my application was the best i've ever done and thought i'd completely screwed up the verbal reasoning test! Does anyone have any particular tips for the video interview/can tell me what they asked? Congrats to everyone who has got through already! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Blambs
Hello, congratulations on getting through! Just wondering how long the assessment centre takes? I just need to know so I can book my train tickets, thanks ☺️ X

When I went to the assessment centre it finished at about 4.30pm. But obviously you might want to allow for a bit of extra time and also time to get to the station
Reply 51
Hi guys! I just got invited to the video interview part :biggrin: I'm so excited as I didn't think I scored particularly well on the verbal reasoning test. Can I ask, what did you wear for your interview?
Original post by rajakumarr
has anyone else been told that they're on a reserves list to do the video interview?

yes i was told that and now they've said i am wanted to do the video interview but waiting for the email with the information! i have never done such a thing so quite nervous but so happy! how you feeling about it?
I attended the Assessment Centre on the 10th November and haven't heard yet. Has anyone else? And will it be by phone or email depending on the result?
Reply 54
Hi, congrats to everyone who's got through!
I was just wondering how long most of you had to wait to hear about the video interview after doing your verbal reasoning tests?
Original post by HLY
Hi, congrats to everyone who's got through!
I was just wondering how long most of you had to wait to hear about the video interview after doing your verbal reasoning tests?

I was invited to do the video interview a week after the verbal reasoning tests, but after the video interview I heard back within a couple of hours about assessment centre :smile: good luck!
Did anyone else's link for the video interview take ages to come through? I heard I'd got through to the next stage last thursday (a week today) and was told the link for interview would be sent within 5 working days.. if the email doesn't come through today I think i'll email the grad recruitment team.
Also I am due to take my video interview by friday and am thinking of doing it tomorrow, can anyone tell me what the video interview questions were like? Really hard or okay? Competency based or otherwise? Thanks :smile: sorry for the question bombarding!
Original post by sophiech123
Also I am due to take my video interview by friday and am thinking of doing it tomorrow, can anyone tell me what the video interview questions were like? Really hard or okay? Competency based or otherwise? Thanks :smile: sorry for the question bombarding!

You tick something to say you won't disclose what's in the questions, but I prepared for competency questions and although there were a few surprises it was fine. Don't worry about it, but do try the practice question so you can see the format. Good luck!
Reply 59
I went to the assessment centre on Friday 20th November. If anyone else was there who sees this let me know when you hear back from them! I saw a couple of pages back it takes around 3 weeks and you'll receive your offer of a place by post.

Good luck everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending