The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

How did the assessment day go spanner123? I've just received confirmation of an interview, so just waiting for that link to come through now. Definitely super chuffed to even get to this stage.
Yes it went well i think! Ill hear back within 2 weeks! Defintely recommend not panicking about the stages involved in the interview! They make it very relaxed and its quite fun once youve done it believe it or not! 😂
Amazing. Yes I imagine the assessment day is actually pretty good as long you can keep it together. It's always interesting to meet other candidates!
Original post by StudentAgain1
Amazing. Yes I imagine the assessment day is actually pretty good as long you can keep it together. It's always interesting to meet other candidates!

Good luck for your interview and yes its defintely fun meeting the other candidates!!
Original post by spanner123
Good luck for your interview and yes its defintely fun meeting the other bcandidates!!

Thanks a million! I only did my video interview over the weekend and I already have an assessment days for tomorrow. So nervous! Any tips?
Thanks a million! I only did my video interview over the weekend and I already have an assessment days for tomorrow. So nervous! Any tips?

I cant say like any specifics because you are made to sign something to say you wont disclose anything but the only thing i would say is not to be nervous as its all made to be very comfortable and just make sure you look back over their website and ensure you know some key points! 😊 sorry i cant help more!
Hi all,

sorry as I'm a bit late to the show! But I was told i was on the reserve list and I've just received an invitation to complete the video interview which I am super happy about as I didn't think my application was the best I could have done, in retrospect.

does anyone have any further advice/guidance around the video interview stage? It seems pretty daunting for me as I've not completed one before although I'm up for the challenge I'd much rather have a face to face interview!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gemmaAkaMe
Hi all,

sorry as I'm a bit late to the show! But I was told i was on the reserve list and I've just received an invitation to complete the video interview which I am super happy about as I didn't think my application was the best I could have done, in retrospect.

does anyone have any further advice/guidance around the video interview stage? It seems pretty daunting for me as I've not completed one before although I'm up for the challenge I'd much rather have a face to face interview!

Ah don't worry about the video interview! It's pretty straightforward, just make sure you understand the Frontline programme and the reasons you're applying. If you're struggling, look up some social work questions online to help prep. I've just had my assessment day, and I actually found it pretty relaxed and supportive. I'm hoping I wasn't lulled into a false sense of security. Find out in around 3 weeks.

Good luck with the video interview!
Ah don't worry about the video interview! It's pretty straightforward, just make sure you understand the Frontline programme and the reasons you're applying. If you're struggling, look up some social work questions online to help prep. I've just had my assessment day, and I actually found it pretty relaxed and supportive. I'm hoping I wasn't lulled into a false sense of security. Find out in around 3 weeks.

Good luck with the video interview!

ahh brillaint! Thank you for your advice, I will glean all I can from the website and other typical social work questions!

Exciting stuff! I wish you all the best of luck, you'll have to let us know.
Did anyone hear back about whether they've been accepted or not?
Did anyone hear back about whether they've been accepted or not?

I haveny heard anything yey but the said 2 weeks before i hear anything! Have you??
Hiya,

Is everyone here applying for 2017 entry. Just completed the verbal reasoning test and absolutely messed up there :frown: I feel like I ruined my whole application just by that test. Does everyone receive a video interview or only if you progress to the next stage?

Thanks
Original post by amberee
Hiya,

Is everyone here applying for 2017 entry. Just completed the verbal reasoning test and absolutely messed up there :frown: I feel like I ruined my whole application just by that test. Does everyone receive a video interview or only if you progress to the next stage?

Thanks

Don't worry, I thought I messed that up completely as well! But I still got a video interview and an assessment day last week. Don't worry too much. It took around a month before I got the video interview after my verbal reasoning test. I emailed them, and they actually told me I was on the waiting list!!
Original post by spanner123
I haveny heard anything yey but the said 2 weeks before i hear anything! Have you??

I found out that I'm through! We don't find out where we're placed until April, but I'm just so chuffed right now. Good luck Spanner, they did say up to 3 weeks, so I'm sure you'll hear soon.
I've just completed the video interview, I completely messed up the first question but it went okay after that. I've certainly not got my hopes up though as I definitely could have done better :frown:
I found out that I'm through! We don't find out where we're placed until April, but I'm just so chuffed right now. Good luck Spanner, they did say up to 3 weeks, so I'm sure you'll hear soon.

congrats!!
Original post by amberee
Hiya,

Thanks

only if you progress to the next stage!

I'm sure you did fine though!
Don't worry, I thought I messed that up completely as well! But I still got a video interview and an assessment day last week. Don't worry too much. It took around a month before I got the video interview after my verbal reasoning test. I emailed them, and they actually told me I was on the waiting list!!

That eases the anxiety for me a little bit lol. I wish it wasn't the weekend I did it now. Monday seems like forever away. Thanks :smile:
Original post by gemmaAkaMe
only if you progress to the next stage!

I'm sure you did fine though!

The situational one I think I did pretty well in, its just verbal reasoning never ever been a strong point for me no matter how much I practice. When did you submit the first stage of your application?
ahh right! I was the opposite to you, I thought my situational judgement wasn't that great but I got put in the reserve initially then a couple of days later asked to do the video interview which I did earlier on today!
I think I must have submitted the application form no more than 3 weeks ago so the turn around in relation to them getting back to you seems pretty speedy!

Let me know how you get on! All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending