The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Anyone else applying this year? Apps open tomorrow!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am not applying for this. But want to know about any scheme for first aid at work.
Reply 2
I'm looking to apply to this when it opens, it should be today. Hoping to start work on my app when I'm home tonight.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Waiting for the applications to open now! Also, I'm going to Australia on Thursday for three months... hoping there are assessment centres still going on when I get back (if I get to that stage!).
Applications are open!!!!!! Argh!
i am applying too!! ive read old student room posts from last years cohort! looks like its going to be tough competition! :smile:
I've just sent off my application and been invited to do the tests, this is scary stuff, so much rests on this!
If you haven't been out of uni for more than 6 months do you not put any of your previous jobs in? Because I've had a job since I graduated 3 months ago, and had jobs during university but don't know whether to put them on the form!
Original post by PsychNewc
If you haven't been out of uni for more than 6 months do you not put any of your previous jobs in? Because I've had a job since I graduated 3 months ago, and had jobs during university but don't know whether to put them on the form!

I put my uni jobs in, I don't think it can hurt them to have a bit more information, even if it isn't required!
Reply 9
Have sent off my tests now, so it's the waiting game! I thought the verbal reasoning was more difficult than I was expecting, especially at the end.

How is everyone else getting on?
Reply 10
Original post by flibbet
Have sent off my tests now, so it's the waiting game! I thought the verbal reasoning was more difficult than I was expecting, especially at the end.

Hi, stupid question but where is the application form on the website? I can't seem to find it?

Reply 11
Original post by sjla94
Hi, stupid question but where is the application form on the website? I can't seem to find it?

Hey, there's a red button in the top right hand corner that says Apply/Login, click that to get through to the first questions :smile:
Original post by flibbet

Just submitted my application. Really scared about the verbal reasoning test!! Ive never been very good at all! Any tips at all??

Hope you did well!!
Reply 13
Original post by SammieWoodsa
Just submitted my application. Really scared about the verbal reasoning test!! Ive never been very good at all! Any tips at all??

Hope you did well!!

I'm not sure really, I guess it's just about reading the info carefully as everything you need to answer is on screen...but I found it difficult so I'm not sure my advice is the best! ;p

Have submitted my video interview now. Anyone else anxiously waiting for a reply to theirs? :s-smilie:
dont panic, which is exactly what I did -and don't pressed the button too quickly. I did that too and skipped a few questions!

Good luck
I've applied this year, will be doing my verbal reasoning tests in the next 4 days. done some practices online and I'm only scoring 6-7 out of 20! not looking good for me! any advice welcome
not got past the video interview stage :frown: gutted doesn't even describe it! Good luck to everyone xxx
Hi PyschNewc, how long after you submitted your video interview did you find out whether you'd gotten through or not?
Reply 18
I'm doing the verbal reasoning and situational tests tomorrow, so nervous. I've never been able to do these - any tips?
Reply 19
Have been invited to an assessment day :smile: happy but nervous of what to expect!

Got the invite about a week and half after I submitted video interview, if that helps anyone, though I expect they'll all come in diff times as the submissions gets busier.

With the verbal reasoning there are lots of practice tests online. The situational one is quite fun actually, a look at what the job might be like!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending