The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Hi guys. So I saw there was no geog thread for A2 geog so I made one :smile: Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog :smile:
And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:
World Cities
Development and Globalisation
Plate Tectonics
I will start posting my notes once my laptop comes back from repair :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My body is ready for A2 geog
Reply 2
Original post by thatgr
My body is ready for A2 geog

Lol what topics are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by azzax
Lol what topics are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

biology, geography, history wby
Reply 4
Original post by thatgr

Geography, history and english lit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
I did A2 Geog last year and found some Human essay plans (only world cities and conflicts) I made that actually came in pretty handy, so I figured I'd upload them. If anybody does want help, just hmu (I got an a* so I may not be completely useless).
Have fun with the subject and all the best.
Reply 6
Original post by longlivelatifa
Hi guys,
I did A2 Geog last year and found some Human essay plans (only world cities and conflicts) I made that actually came in pretty handy, so I figured I'd upload them. If anybody does want help, just hmu (I got an a* so I may not be completely useless).
Have fun with the subject and all the best.

Thanx! You're plans are very detailed and they will definitely be useful! I was actually wondering how a 40 marker would be planned so this has been a huge help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatgr

what exam boards are you doing for your subjects because they are identical to mine lol.
Reply 8
Original post by edward090
what exam boards are you doing for your subjects because they are identical to mine lol.

AQA
Reply 9
Hi guys, finally got a new laptop so I have started to save me revision notes on here but I have not published them yet. The reason being; I will have finished this unit next week so I feel that it would be better for me to upload it all in one go. :smile:
The notes should be up later next week :smile:
Hello :smile: Doing Tectonics , Ecosystems and world cities ! Got an A at AS but re-sitting geog2a :smile:

How is everyone finding it?
Hi :smile:
I'm doing Tectonics, Ecosystems, and Conflict. I got a D at AS, and will be retaking GEOG2.
I struggle with writing essays, has anyone got any tips that may help me?
Thanks in advance :smile:
also doing tectonics, ecosystems and world cities. i got a C at AS so will be retaking both papers:frown: but I'm creating booklets with everything in for the A2 topics so let me know if you want me to post them. they include questions and task pages as well... helps me.
any advice for me because I'm not very good at knowing what the exam board want in an answer, thanks :smile: x
Original post by emmacook98
also doing tectonics, ecosystems and world cities. i got a C at AS so will be retaking both papers:frown: but I'm creating booklets with everything in for the A2 topics so let me know if you want me to post them. they include questions and task pages as well... helps me.
any advice for me because I'm not very good at knowing what the exam board want in an answer, thanks :smile: x

Yeah can you please post them here. will be very helpful! I am doing tectonics, world cities and globalisation I think
Yeah can you please post them here. will be very helpful! I am doing tectonics, world cities and globalisation I think

I just tried to upload them but the file is too big:frown: so annoying but it's basically the AQA A2 textbook written in note form... doesn't take too long to make and you can make it personal with notes you understand
sorry it didn't work:frown: if you can think of an alternative way to send it then let me know
Original post by emmacook98
I just tried to upload them but the file is too big:frown: so annoying but it's basically the AQA A2 textbook written in note form... doesn't take too long to make and you can make it personal with notes you understand
sorry it didn't work:frown: if you can think of an alternative way to send it then let me know

You could try pictures perhaps or by email maybe?? Last year loads of people tried that and it was really helpful :smile:
You could try pictures perhaps or by email maybe?? Last year loads of people tried that and it was really helpful :smile:

Message me your email and I will try tomorrow :smile:
Reply 17
Finally finished writing the notes on World Cities! I have published them so here's the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If you enlarge them, you should be able to see all the notes on each card. I tried to keep it short and to the point :smile:
Also, one of my case study for waste management and the entire section on retail is mainly to do with Leicester, which is the city where I live. So, if any of it seems unclear, let me know, I'll clarify it. If you want more info on any of it let me know :smile: I do have more detail for some of them (my class notes) :smile:

Sorry it took so long. I was busy with my History coursework.
I'll start uploading Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation next week (I think). I'm studying them at the same time in college hence they'll go up at the same time :smile:
Original post by azzax
Finally finished writing the notes on World Cities! I have published them so here's the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If you enlarge them, you should be able to see all the notes on each card. I tried to keep it short and to the point :smile:
Also, one of my case study for waste management and the entire section on retail is mainly to do with Leicester, which is the city where I live. So, if any of it seems unclear, let me know, I'll clarify it. If you want more info on any of it let me know :smile: I do have more detail for some of them (my class notes) :smile:

Sorry it took so long. I was busy with my History coursework.
I'll start uploading Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation next week (I think). I'm studying them at the same time in college hence they'll go up at the same time :smile:

thanks for dem notes
Reply 19
Original post by thatgr
thanks for dem notes

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest