The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Globalisation and development short question predictions?
Original post by emmacook98
Message me your email and I will try tomorrow :smile:

Hi, can I please have your notes too? I'm doing my geog3 paper this June as well :colondollar:
Original post by azzax
Finally finished writing the notes on World Cities! I have published them so here's the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If you enlarge them, you should be able to see all the notes on each card. I tried to keep it short and to the point :smile:
Also, one of my case study for waste management and the entire section on retail is mainly to do with Leicester, which is the city where I live. So, if any of it seems unclear, let me know, I'll clarify it. If you want more info on any of it let me know :smile: I do have more detail for some of them (my class notes) :smile:

Sorry it took so long. I was busy with my History coursework.
I'll start uploading Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation next week (I think). I'm studying them at the same time in college hence they'll go up at the same time :smile:

Hi! I can't seem to open the notes. It says 'Error in exception handler' or smtg like that. Is there any other way you think I might be able to access it? :-)
I'm not sure if they have ever asked for short answer plate tectonics anything on Major Extrusive rock activity features? I could be wrong but if they haven't then it could come up....
Reply 264
Original post by 09ekennedy
I'm not sure if they have ever asked for short answer plate tectonics anything on Major Extrusive rock activity features? I could be wrong but if they haven't then it could come up....

What are the major features? I thought they were volcanoes?
Original post by Qrstuv
If I'm definitely doing a 25 marker on plate tectonics will I need to know a tsunami case study? I've seen lots of revision notes that contain one but it doesn't mention it on the spec.
Any help would be great!

I think it would be good to know one because tsunamis are directly related to earthquakes at sea. Boxing Day Indian Ocean 2004 is probably the easiest and most common one to use.
Does anyone have any predictions on what the volcanic activity 40 marker might be?
Original post by SJJ97
What are the major features? I thought they were volcanoes?

lava plateaux, calderas, basaltic shield, composite andesitic, acid-dome.... yeah, basically theyre all different types of volcano.
Hey guys,
On world cities for the structured questions, do I need a transport management case study/example? they've only asked for it once and that was with the choice of doing waste management instead.

Also how do you guys revise the 40 markers. I've noticed with development and globalisation they ask the same 5 questions just worded slightly differently. Could I just write 5 perfect essays and adjust them the wording of the question? I've checked the syllabus and I'm confident there's no more significantly different questions they could ask.
Original post by 09ekennedy

They have - there was a question before on the types of volcanoes
Do I need property-led regeneration? Can they ask for it directly? I have gentrification and public-private partnerships if they ask for regeneration, so is it necessary to do about UDC's etc.
Reply 271
Original post by double_n
Hi! I can't seem to open the notes. It says 'Error in exception handler' or smtg like that. Is there any other way you think I might be able to access it? :-)

It seems to be opening up fine for me. Try again with the link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If that doesn't work, try this link (you will have to create an account to be able to see the notes):
https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-cards/world-cities-2
Reply 272
Original post by calbrad140
Do I need property-led regeneration? Can they ask for it directly? I have gentrification and public-private partnerships if they ask for regeneration, so is it necessary to do about UDC's etc.

yes it's best to talk about UDCs too because you will get marks for breath and being synoptic. Plus the case study is the London Docklands so you will gain more marks for that too
Original post by 142701
yes it's best to talk about UDCs too because you will get marks for breath and being synoptic. Plus the case study is the London Docklands so you will gain more marks for that too

I'm not going to revise world cities for the 40 markers so do I need to be synoptic? The only time they've asked a structured question which you could you use UDC's was the very first paper with a 10 marker on regeneration; the mark scheme said you could use gentrification, p-p partnerships or property-led schemes. I would rather focus and go in detail on 1 or 2 than use all 3 for just a 10 mark question especially when you have less time and the mark scheme stated it wasn't necessary for all 10 marks.
Hey guys,
On world cities for the structured questions, do I need a transport management case study/example? they've only asked for it once and that was with the choice of doing waste management instead.

Also how do you guys revise the 40 markers. I've noticed with development and globalisation they ask the same 5 questions just worded slightly differently. Could I just write 5 perfect essays and adjust them the wording of the question? I've checked the syllabus and I'm confident there's no more significantly different questions they could ask.

Good question, do you think they write the same sort of essays for World Cities, Conflicts and Tectonics too? If so, I don't think that is a bad idea.

Yep property led is different from the other two. You won't get the potential to get all the marks if you use the wrong case study.
UDC's London dockland case study for property led.
Gentrification is Notting Hill but that asked this last year so doubt it'll come up again
An privaite public partnership can be Hulme city challenge, New isington millennium village
Original post by yoMilkSheikh
Good question, do you think they write the same sort of essays for World Cities, Conflicts and Tectonics too? If so, I don't think that is a bad idea.

I was hoping someone could help me out with that. I'll post the past questions to demonstrate my point tommorrow, they don't just ask on similar topics, they literally ask the same questions but worded differently in my opinion.
Also in the past 9 papers they've never asked the same topic 2 papers running for development and global, last year economic and social groupings came up. Even David Redfern in a talk said something about a plate tectonic essay he went through with us about how it probably wont come up this year as it was on last years paper. He never said it directly but yeah, if someone else could look into this i'd be greatful.
Reply 277
I was hoping someone could help me out with that. I'll post the past questions to demonstrate my point tommorrow, they don't just ask on similar topics, they literally ask the same questions but worded differently in my opinion.
Also in the past 9 papers they've never asked the same topic 2 papers running for development and global, last year economic and social groupings came up. Even David Redfern in a talk said something about a plate tectonic essay he went through with us about how it probably wont come up this year as it was on last years paper. He never said it directly but yeah, if someone else could look into this i'd be greatful.

Plate tectonic essay hasn't been on the paper for quite a few years now?
Reply 278
What do you think the short questions for development and globalisation will be on?
Original post by L2311
Plate tectonic essay hasn't been on the paper for quite a few years now?

I dont know what exactly will come up, but it's always significantly different than the past paper. If seismic came up last year, it won't be on this year.
To be honest, I don't understand why people even revise the essays for plate tectonics. The only easy-ish essay in my opinion is the one you mentioned. David Redfern went through a volcano essay I think in a talk I went to, the candiate went in depth on 12 case studies and still only just broke 30 marks. Human essays seem to be much more forgiving and much more natural to revise but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending