The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi - I'm doing A2 Geography this year (GEOG3 + GEOG4A) as well as GEOG1 from last year because somehow I managed to get an A in GEOG2 and a C in GEOG1 despite the fact I knew my stuff inside out - messed up by not answering questions 100% so make sure you all make links back to the Q at the end of virtually every paragraph!Is anyone else doing Plate Tectonics, Weather and Contemporary Conflicts? Really enjoy conflicts + plate tectonics but hate weather so any help/notes on it would be hugely appreciated. Main thing for A2 is do loads of past papers, make synoptic links and 'think like a geographer'.
Reply 81
Any predictions? im doing ecosystems, tectonics and conflicts. I reckon (and really hope it is) a plate tectonics question for the tectonics 40 marker will be this years since it hasn't come up in years and luckily management questions have already been up last year and the year before.
Reply 82
Does anyone have any predictions??
I'm doing plate tectonics, development and globalisation and conflict.
Shitting it to say the least, there is so much information to all of them ffsssss
Reply 84
Lool same here, feel underprepared in comparison to a lot of people here:/ interested in any predictions for tectonic 40 marker if u have any
I'm doing plate tectonics, development and globalisation and world cities, 100 percent not doing the 40 marker for plates, want to hope for a country groupingg for globalisation 40 maker!!
Any predictions for any of these: Plate Tectonics, Development and Globalisation and Conflict?

I will ask my teacher, but she's really reluctant to give any predictions as it's 'almost impossible'. Though last year on here, someone posted predictions and it was basically spot on.
So if anyone has any, I'll be super grateful :smile:
Anyone doing world cities and weather & climate
There seems to be a lot less case studies overall for my three modules compared at AS tbh but have to know them waaay more in depth
Original post by tcameron
Anyone doing world cities and weather & climate
There seems to be a lot less case studies overall for my three modules compared at AS tbh but have to know them waaay more in depth

Really? For as is like 4 case studies for each module, but world cities theres loads, like 8 and the same for my other two -_-
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Really? For as is like 4 case studies for each module, but world cities theres loads, like 8 and the same for my other two -_-

Well compared to AS, I had a whole ringbinder full just for case studies
Yeah there is quite a lot for world cities but I think I have like probably 15 max for that topic - it's also the module I'm not doing 40 markers on so I guess I won't need to know too much
Well compared to AS, I had a whole ringbinder full just for case studies
Yeah there is quite a lot for world cities but I think I have like probably 15 max for that topic - it's also the module I'm not doing 40 markers on so I guess I won't need to know too much

Thats so riskyyyy, what if its a great 40 marker>?? Hmm maybe i should do that to
I was just wondering,

what type of questions could they ask about plate tectonics theory for the essay?

Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Thats so riskyyyy, what if its a great 40 marker>?? Hmm maybe i should do that to

Nah human geography topica seem like a horrible 40 markers
At least with physical you can throw in a diagram of here and there.
Nah human geography topica seem like a horrible 40 markers
At least with physical you can throw in a diagram of here and there.

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH forget that, its a synoptic question, so i need them LINKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Original post by azzax
Finally finished writing the notes on World Cities! I have published them so here's the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If you enlarge them, you should be able to see all the notes on each card. I tried to keep it short and to the point :smile:
Also, one of my case study for waste management and the entire section on retail is mainly to do with Leicester, which is the city where I live. So, if any of it seems unclear, let me know, I'll clarify it. If you want more info on any of it let me know :smile: I do have more detail for some of them (my class notes) :smile:

Sorry it took so long. I was busy with my History coursework.
I'll start uploading Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation next week (I think). I'm studying them at the same time in college hence they'll go up at the same time :smile:

Great notes, thanks.
Got some notes which may help for Plate Tectonics. For Development and Globalisation I think something about the benefits of globalisation could potentially come up or something to do with China considering its been in the news in the past year.
Guys! Can anyone do me a huge favour please...
Can anyone list all the case studies they're using for world cities? E.g. For urbanisation etc
I lost my folder and my teacher refuses to give me a list as he says it's my fault,
Cheers!
Reply 97
Hi
Does anyone know the questions in the 2015 aqa geography paper for weather and world cities? Just section A and B, not the 40 marker. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Sacred Ground
Can anyone list all the case studies they're using for world cities? E.g. For urbanisation etc
I lost my folder and my teacher refuses to give me a list as he says it's my fault,
Cheers!

Well you have like 6 for transport like London Congestion and ****, ah u have waste management, you have Dharavi which is a main on, sub urbanisation, counter urbanisation, Re urbanisation, Urab decline - London Docklands, Liverpool, Park Hill Estate, Intergrated transport Manchester, HS2, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh A1 Lane changing for transport i really cant think of any more??????????
Original post by Sacred Ground
Cheers!

Ah i remember i knew i was forgetting one, out of town retail parks, Merry Hill etc, Dw im the plug

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending