The Student Room Group

A2 revision tips

My subjects are Maths (C1, C2 & S1), Biology and Chemistry
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Evens Beaute
So basically, my school has CANCELLED year 13 cos everyone (literally EVERYONE, including myself) got U's and E's.
I personally don't want to retake year 12 again cos I feel I already know my stuff and don't want to waste another year. I'm from the UK but I live abroad,
so I have the chance to resit all my modules on January 2016. Then I'm planning to start teaching myself A2 after I'm done with my Jan exams straight away and
sit all my A2 exams on May/June 2016, so I have Feb, March and April to complete my A2's.. BUT is that possible if I work hard? Could I end up with good results?

My subjects are Maths (C1, C2 & S1), Biology and Chemistry

That sounds the wrong way up. Resitting is often said to be made easier by tackling the A2 material, which, particularly in Chemistry and Maths, builds on the AS subjects. Remember that you have already been working on the AS material for 8m (September to May), and that you will be self-teaching the A2.

Much better to start on the A2 material now, whilst setting aside a smaller amount of time to revisit the AS material - particularly the papers you took in May - you can ask your examinations officer to call for copies of your scripts to compare these against the mark schemes to see how you did (there will be the exam board cost and your school's admin fee to be paid for the copies).

Quick Reply

Latest