The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fc93
Great thank you! I'll do the same obviously! I hope it's not too long a wait! :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Middlesex just emailed to acknowledge my application and said they are finalising this years intake and will start looking at 2016 applications from mid October :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by fc93
Hi there!

Whilst I can't offer much specific advice about nursing interviews, I can offer some thoughts on group interviews in general.

I think the first thing that stuck out to me was when you said that being "in competition" is very stressful for you. Unfortunately in group interviews, some people feel the need to talk over others and make themselves heard. Don't underestimate the importance of being seen to be a good listener! (So important in nursing!) You don't have to say the most to be the strongest. If someone says something that you don't agree with, politely ask them why it is they think that way, then you are showing interest whilst not seeming rude etc.

With regards to your personal statement, I think you can use the same one again assuming it was all your own work the first time! I would recommend adding something about what you have done in the past year to improve your suitability, for example I imagine you have carried on with your care job so talk about what you have learnt and why you are better now than before. :smile:

Hope this is helpful! Most importantly have faith in yourself! You'll do it this time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there!

I wanted to thank for the response that brought positiveness and indeed it was helpful : )
Thanks and take care!
Original post by Sansarya
Omg fairyegg dont thats stressing me out even more haha! Yeah I went to an open day a few weeks ago, have you? Bangor is my first choice:smile:

Yes, I went to one back in June. Bangor is my only choice, I live nearby with kids so no chance of uprooting everybody. The school of nursing has a good reputation though.
Reply 63
Original post by ChancedTravels
Middlesex just emailed to acknowledge my application and said they are finalising this years intake and will start looking at 2016 applications from mid October

That's good to know! Still nothing from any of my choices but they're all on my Track and it hasn't even been a week. Paranoia is setting in!
Original post by Fairyegg
Yes, I went to one back in June. Bangor is my only choice, I live nearby with kids so no chance of uprooting everybody. The school of nursing has a good reputation though.

I also went in June. Have you sent your application?😊 I'm hoping to send mine next week. Just thinking about it makes me nervous!
Not yet. Just need to confirm I can use an old employer as my reference and then it's ready to go. I'm so nervous too. My education background is up and down to put it mildly. Just hope they can see though that and offer me an interview at least. Not sure how long it takes to hear back after interview. Not sure my nerves could take waiting months!
Original post by hanna_h
I've just tried sending my application on UCAS but it would let me pay/send!
Branch: Mental Health Nursing
Uni(s) applying to: Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, UCLAN, Uni of Leeds and Uni of York
Relevant experience/extra info: I'm working as a care assistant in a residential home and i'm also working for an agency so I get to work in various different places.

Snap!
Original post by Fairyegg
Not yet. Just need to confirm I can use an old employer as my reference and then it's ready to go. I'm so nervous too. My education background is up and down to put it mildly. Just hope they can see though that and offer me an interview at least. Not sure how long it takes to hear back after interview. Not sure my nerves could take waiting months!

I think it's usually really quick after interview (two weeks?) but can sometimes be waiting a long time to have one. I know some unis don't interview anyone until February after the deadline - but I couldn't tell you which they are off the top of my head... But yes, the waiting is awful!!
Hi :smile:

Branch: Nursing ( child field )

Uni(s): Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Dundee, Edinburgh Napier University & Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen.

Work experience: I am currently working at a school for children with additional support needs two afternoons a week as part of my school work. I have had previous experience working with kids earlier on whilst being in a nursery for kids ages 3-5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's amazing! You'll definitely get in with that experience :smile: have you started your application?

Thank you! I submitted my application last week so fingers crossed!! Did you hear about your job? Best of luck to you. I'm a bit lost off with this thread as been poorly with one thing after another. Need to catch up! X
Reply 70
Branch : child and learning disability nursing ( applied for a dual course)
Applying to: de Montfort , London south bank, Bucks new, Kings college, Surrey
Experience: worked with children with learning disability for 4 years and now starting working with adults and children in there own home . Training in. Tube feeding and medication,and also epilepsy and Buccal for the job I'm currently doing. Feel I don't have enough experience though😕anyone recommend any more experience I can get
Reply 71
For anyone applying to King's, I just had an email to set up my online application account with them (they linked it up to my high school application in 2010!)

Apparently interviews are from November to April so hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out!!
Original post by fc93
For anyone applying to King's, I just had an email to set up my online application account with them (they linked it up to my high school application in 2010!)

Apparently interviews are from November to April so hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out!!

OMG where is mine :'( hahah
Reply 73
OMG where is mine :'( hahah

Don't panic! I think they have to wait a week in case you decide to substitute the choice for something else! :smile:

Besides now I just keep checking it every 5 seconds!
Original post by fc93
Don't panic! I think they have to wait a week in case you decide to substitute the choice for something else! :smile:

Besides now I just keep checking it every 5 seconds!

I keep checking track anyway which is basically pointless because it's been like four days or something!! Also I added City PGDip last night as my last choice so we might end up course mates haha!
Hi all,
I'm applying for Birmingham city for the January 2016?March 2016 intake. I'm also applying to UCLAN, Uni of Northampton, Uni of Greenwich either Liverpool John Moore uni or Edge hill uni.
I have experience in working in a charity shop, i'm a faith leader in my church and I am also a mental health volunteer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just applied for children's nursing!!! The nervous wait begins :frown:
Reply 77
Original post by adaka123
Hi all,
I'm applying for Birmingham city for the January 2016?March 2016 intake. I'm also applying to UCLAN, Uni of Northampton, Uni of Greenwich either Liverpool John Moore uni or Edge hill uni.
I have experience in working in a charity shop, i'm a faith leader in my church and I am also a mental health volunteer.

hie Adaka im applying at Northampton as well. all the best
Reply 78
I keep checking track anyway which is basically pointless because it's been like four days or something!! Also I added City PGDip last night as my last choice so we might end up course mates haha!

Oh cool! That's the only PgDip you're applying for though right (because of funding or am I going mad/can't read!)?

I don't even want to joke about being course mates in case I jinx anything!! Definitely can't handle this stress haha!
Hello!

Has anyone had acknowledgement or been invited for any interviews yet? I am still trying to get the personal statement up to scratch! So so close to applying now!

@ChancedTravels I didn't get the job, but plan on doing some voluntary week in a four children's centre and in the youth centre! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending