The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

juliette
Be very sociable! The standard price of half a non-dining double is around £100-ish - I suspect - maybe a bit higher. John's about the same.

What about the full dining double?
Why double?
Reply 81
MentallyIll
What about the full dining double?
Why double?

Why doubles? Because you're expected to have a partner! :biggrin:

It was £277 for a dining double this year.
shiny
Why doubles? Because you're expected to have a partner! :biggrin:

It was £277 for a dining double this year.

Oh no, what if i cant get a date?
Reply 83
MentallyIll
Oh no, what if i cant get a date?

This is Trinity May Ball. People will be lining up to partner you :biggrin:
shiny

Are you m or f?
Reply 85
MentallyIll
Are you m or f?

I'm a bloke
shiny
I'm a bloke

oh yeah, i remember now. you thought I was a woman so I changed my avatar.

Anyway, did you get your results yet?
Reply 87
MentallyIll
Anyway, did you get your results yet?

Nope the cheeky beggars decided to change the publication date to next week. Arses :rolleyes:
shiny
Nope the cheeky beggars decided to change the publication date to next week. Arses :rolleyes:

That wasn't very nice of them. :mad:
Reply 89
shiny

You find yourself popular around ticket sale time then? :wink:
Helenia

Is same sex partnering acceptable at Trinity May Ball? I am not gay, I was just thinking about this.
Reply 91
Helenia

I'm always popular :wink:

MentallyIll
Is same sex partnering acceptable at Trinity May Ball? I am not gay, I was just thinking about this.
Yeah it's fine.
Reply 92
shiny
I'm always popular :wink:

Wasn't implying that you weren't of course :smile: but I'm sure that there are some people who you suddenly realise why they're friends with you. :wink:
Reply 93
Helenia
Wasn't implying that you weren't of course :smile: but I'm sure that there are some people who you suddenly realise why they're friends with you. :wink:

Not really. Some people get pestered but I've managed to avoid it.
MadLy
Trinity was pretty amazing.....but very knackering workin it! I saw Mark Owen for like 5 seconds, and can confirm that he was nothing special!

The Red Devils flying in was very cooool and unexpected!

Yeah, did hear that rumour.....however, I think Johns May Ball wins on the security front for pure wristband checking........there was a security guy every 10 metres, even at like 6am!!

Ok guys, I'll give you my 2 cents...
Firstly, 3 years here have taught me that TRINITY BALL IS WANK!!! It really is just ostentatious bollocks to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it's probably a magical experience, but gone are the days when it was the pinnacle of all balls.
Johns has topped it every year i've been here. They select acts way before they make it big, so get them cheap. Hence Scissor Sisters this year, the thrills last year. Who have trinity had? And anyone that says 'fun lovin criminals' should bear in mind they couldn't play due to being smack heads.
Fireworks - well trinity times it better to music, but frankly johns firworks are much better
size - pretty equal
Etc Etc Etc
Trinity is basically a name, nowadays, rather than the ultimate ball.

Sorry, ignore me, im upset as i missed neighbours today, and had to go swap my funky White tie trousers for black tie (wankers had given me a size too big as predicted)
J
Reply 95
MentallyIll
How do you make friends there early?

£1000? that is crazy. How much does it cost somebody who has a friend from there?

Are you allowed to tout tickets?
Reply 96
foolfarian
Sorry, ignore me, im upset as i missed neighbours today, and had to go swap my funky White tie trousers for black tie (wankers had given me a size too big as predicted)
J

Ooooh, excited about Peterhouse much? *is hiding from that college at the moment*

Have fun :biggrin:
Most people I've spoken to that went to both said exactly the same thing - trinity was good but they seem to rely on the fact it *is* trinity a little too much, slightly complacent in the quality of the acts, food etc. Would definitely go given half the chance, but John's was more than good enough (and varsity - get over yourself on trinity!)

foolfarian
Ok guys, I'll give you my 2 cents...
Firstly, 3 years here have taught me that TRINITY BALL IS WANK!!! It really is just ostentatious bollocks to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it's probably a magical experience, but gone are the days when it was the pinnacle of all balls.
Johns has topped it every year i've been here. They select acts way before they make it big, so get them cheap. Hence Scissor Sisters this year, the thrills last year. Who have trinity had? And anyone that says 'fun lovin criminals' should bear in mind they couldn't play due to being smack heads.
Fireworks - well trinity times it better to music, but frankly johns firworks are much better
size - pretty equal
Etc Etc Etc
Trinity is basically a name, nowadays, rather than the ultimate ball.

J
Reply 98
KaiserSoze
Most people I've spoken to that went to both said exactly the same thing - trinity was good but they seem to rely on the fact it *is* trinity a little too much, slightly complacent in the quality of the acts, food etc. Would definitely go given half the chance, but John's was more than good enough (and varsity - get over yourself on trinity!)

Why have neither Varsity nor TCS reviewed Clare's?
Reply 99
Helenia
Why have neither Varsity nor TCS reviewed Clare's?

Too exclusive.

Latest

Trending

Trending