The Student Room Group

All animals should be neutered or spaying

I am really annoyed with idiots purchasing pedigree dogs or any dogs just to breed them sorry but there is something called animal over population also neutering your dogs reduces the chance of them having testicular and prostate cancer as well as changes their behaviour in a good way. It is now harming the dog by neutering it as it is done under anesthetic and they are animal and people and they can't reproduce sensibly. I hate owners who buy dogs and will not neuter them or buy dogs because of looks/pedigree to make money from the dogs this means mix breeds are not desireable and those dogs are put down. I once had a rabbit I was small I regret not neutering it as it would have been beneficial to him and me is well.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maria1812
I am really annoyed with idiots purchasing pedigree dogs or any dogs just to breed them sorry but there is something called animal over population also neutering your dogs reduces the chance of them having testicular and prostate cancer as well as changes their behaviour in a good way. It is now harming the dog by neutering it as it is done under anesthetic and they are animal and people and they can't reproduce sensibly. I hate owners who buy dogs and will not neuter them or buy dogs because of looks/pedigree to make money from the dogs this means mix breeds are not desireable and those dogs are put down. I once had a rabbit I was small I regret not neutering it as it would have been beneficial to him and me is well.

I think you should be the first to be neutered/spayed, since you are an animal who wants all animals to be neutered/spayed.
I want to be a vet and I think people should have the choice to neuter their animals. Just to let you know, neutering is the general term for the operations, spaying is female specific and castration is male specific. Please get your terms right before posting something online.
Reply 3
Original post by Hydeman
I think you should be the first to be neutered/spayed, since you are an animal who wants all animals to be neutered/spayed.

I wouldn't mind if I was. Peadophiles should also be spayed or neutered depending what the gender is.
Reply 4
Original post by horsewithnoname
I want to be a vet and I think people should have the choice to neuter their animals. Just to let you know, neutering is the general term for the operations, spaying is female specific and castration is male specific. Please get your terms right before posting something online.

I know the specific terms I am not stupid
I am not stupid

Anybody who wants all animals to be neutered cannot make that claim.
I wouldn't mind if I was. Peadophiles should also be spayed or neutered depending what the gender is.

Paedophiles*

And why should they? There is a difference between a paedophile and a child sex offender and even in the latter case, the state has no right to mete out retributive justice such as castration or execution.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Hydeman
Paedophiles*

And why should they? There is a difference between a paedophile and a child sex offender and even in the latter case, the state has no right to mete out retributive justice such as castration or execution.

They should
I have a friend who goes out of his way to go further afield when looking for a new cat, mainly because the local population (largely un-neutered) is so inbred. He figures if no one else is going to neuter their cats then he might as well do what he can to diversify the local gene pool. There are so many scrawny inbred cats around here, that short of having someone organise a mass sterilisation program, this is probably the best thing (in his eyes anyway) that can be done to prevent the inbreeding.

As an example of what I mean, one of our neighbours probably is the nearest you can get to the Crazy Cat Lady fromm The Simpsons. One of her female cats has been pregnant at least once a year over the last 5 years. Typically they don't keep many of her male kittens, and the mother cat herself does not go out. So short of another male cat somehow breaking in and acting out a feline version of Romeo and Juliette, the only other way of her getting pregnant is by her own offspring.
Original post by Hydeman
Paedophiles*

They should

How about you have another go at answering that question? Irrational twit.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know the specific terms I am not stupid

Please use them correctly then.
Reply 11
Original post by Hydeman
How about you have another go at answering that question? Irrational twit.

If you are a paedohile you should have no right to decide and it should be a must to punish them as brutal as possible.
If you are a paedohile you should have no right to decide and it should be a must to punish them as brutal as possible.

Again, why? Are you really incapable of providing an argument for this view?
I think we have a sociopathic sadistic psychopath on the loose...
Original post by XcitingStuart
I think we have a sociopathic sadistic psychopath on the loose...

Go have a look at the other threads she's created in her few months on this website and no further explanation will be necessary. :lol:
Reply 15
Each case involving neutering should be decided on a case-by-case basis as all animals are in different situations and have different needs.

My dog had serious bladder problems for the first year of her life and spaying her could have led to further bladder problems and possible incontinence for the rest of her life. That is not changing my dog's behaviour "in a good way". Not to mention you've automatically assumed that all "whole" dogs have behavioural problems which is a very big (and untrue) generalisation; castrating a timid (just one example of many) male dog I believe is known to even have negative effects (did I read that in a Sarah Whitehead book? I think so but can't be sure).

Also, your response of "They should" when being asked "Why should they?" was hilarious and gave me a good laugh so thanks for that x
I'm embarrassed for you.

You may want to rephrase this as it implies that you are a Peadophile.
I don't think the OP has put it particularly well but it definitely is true that people refusing to have their dogs spayed/neutered is resulting in a lot of stray dogs that don't have anybody to look after them. It's a responsible thing to do.
Original post by Plagioclase
I don't think the OP has put it particularly well but it definitely is true that people refusing to have their dogs spayed/neutered is resulting in a lot of stray dogs that don't have anybody to look after them. It's a responsible thing to do.

The OP said that all animals should be neutered... If the OP really does want to practise what she preaches, she should get herself spayed first (as she's offered to do earlier) and then ask the rest of us to do so with ourselves and our pets.

Also, the suggestion that paedophiles should be brutally punished for thought crime is not welcome at all, at least with me.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest