The Student Room Group

LEEDS DILLEMA- Help

ok i had 2 interviews on same day (15th march ). ( liverp in morning 10.15- leeds in afternoon)and i want 100% sure id make it in time.

leeds said to me before that 15th of march was last date. now they say they are prepared to interview me on the 27th march - which seems very late and dodgy to me. do u think 27th march is just for a few borderline candidtaes , when most of the offer will have been filled up , hnec why b4 they daid 15th was last date.

so i dont know whethre to take risk of doing both on same day ( time issue) or going on the 27th - which im worried about becase i think they will have given most of thier offers by then , and i want to give myself a full chance of getting into leeds.

advice pple ?
Reply 1
If its going to be a bit tough making both the interviews in a day, then just go to Leeds on the 27th.
I believe youve asked the question about having less a chance of gettting in before, so I'll just repeat myself here:

PSdilemma

If you perform well enough, youll get an offer- be it an October interview or a March interview. The university wouldnt call you for an interview in the first place if they dont think youre capable of being the person to occupy one of the remaining places, as it were.
The time someone spends fretting over and trying to calculate their chances of getting in can be spent much more productively.

Also, the fact that theyve offered you an alternative interview date shows they *are* interested in you.
If you're still worried, ask for a later interview slot on 15th if possible. Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do really.

Edited to correct splelling mistake:p:
Reply 2
Maybe there are more people in your kinda situation, so leeds decided to set another interview date. But I doubt that you'll have a lesser chance of getting in.
Reply 3
PSdilemma
If its going to be a bit tough making both the interviews in a day, then just go to Leeds on the 27th.
I believe youve asked the question about having less a chance of gettting in before, so I'll just repeat myself here:

Also, the fact that theyve offered you an alternative interview date shows they *are* interested in you.
If you're still worried, ask for a later interview slot on 15th if possible. Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do really.

Edited to correct splelling mistake:p:

no other slots on the 15th.

i know i ask before about the ''chance '' if ur gttin interviewd later. but the reason why im worried is becoz i think thier main interview peios is over on 15th ( and any interviews up to that woud have equal chance ) byt the 27th seems a reserve day if u get what i mean , i cant believe they are gonna wait until 27th and then make bulk of offers ? what to you think ?? becoz even on lette irt said 15t is the klast interview date , so this seems a ''fill in '' do u get where im comin from ?
They wouldn't annoy a panel of academics/medics for another day of interviews if they had no interest in you and had no intention of giving you an offer.

Calm down.
Reply 5
becca2389
They wouldn't annoy a panel of academics/medics for another day of interviews if they had no interest in you and had no intention of giving you an offer.

Calm down.

Precisely!

Even if it werent so (and I dont think thats the case), theres not much you would be able to do, is there?
Fretting/worrying will only make you apprehensive, and that may affect your performance at your interview. Not a good thing.
Just calm down, as Becca said. And very best of luck for both your interviews:smile:
Reply 6
well the admin staff have booked me in on the 27th so i have to deal with it.

well i take you points , but i still disagree. you say id be in the same boat as everyone else , and yes they will want to interview , i take that point. but say after thier main interview period upto 15th , after this if they make out many offers , then i will be going in on the 27th with statistically a less chance of getiing in ?

u know there maybe 30 of us slogging it out for 3 places . therfore i wont be in the same boat will I ? that my point.

but if u say to ,e, that leeds or any uni for that matter wait until they have interviewed everyone and then send out offers /rejections then i totally agree with you.

so which do u think leeds / other unis do , do the bulk of offers come after evryones interviewed ?

p.s yes im very edgy , coz if i dont get into medicine , i might aswell take a trip to the gallows , i really wont no wat to do if i dont get in.
But what difference does it make? Even if the stats are against you (I hate stats by the way...they mean very little), you cannot change things. Just accept what has been given to you and do the best you can with it. Life isn't fair.
Yup, and I think Elle had it right when she said give priority to one! But now I suppose it doesn't matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending