The Student Room Group

HELP!!! Pile on of work and revision. I've been stupid

As the title says ive been a bit stupid!

The June exams are forever growing nearer and with my coursework still not out of the way im struggling to balance my revision between coursework. Not only that, Im really struggling doing the coursework and completing it on time.

I currentley do A2 Geography. English lang and Lit, Product Design and Art.

My notes are in a disorganised mess, my coursework in PD isnt going so well, and the art exam has just arrived and I havent got a clue what to do for it as I'm use to drawing figures but not disorted ones. My English courseowrk has been rushed, yet I've applied t do this at University. I know I shouldnt have gotten myself in this mess but I paniced, and couldnt cope with the work load. I know this isnt excuse.

But if anyone has any advice, or can do anything to help.

I would love them forever :p:

Seriously paniced and upset :eek:

x x x x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Still got 3 months to go but it's a good sign that you're panicking now rather than 2 weeks before exams. It'll help you step it up a gear early enough, now get your butt off TSR and go study!
Reply 2
BeesKnees
Still got 3 months to go but it's a good sign that you're panicking now rather than 2 weeks before exams. It'll help you step it up a gear early enough, now get your butt off TSR and go study!

Lol, that is a good idea and its what I intend to do. I just posted this up so that I could ask for some advice but i'm now doing my English essay on Language and power. Not going too well, but I'm sure I can sort it out :smile:

thanks

I'm just about to take your advice lol :cool:

xxx
Concentrate solely on your art exam and coursework at the moment, making those the best they can be. Then, once they're out of the way, concentrate solely on revision. You'll probably find that more effective than trying to do both at the same time.
Reply 4
Is eveyone revising already then for June?
Reply 5
im struggling to balance my work, cwork and my theory test which is coming soon :frown:
If you need help with Art - you can PM me - i did figures in a levels, have a couple of artists that you could use

Don't panic! - i suggest that you write down a list of priorities - then create a timetable where you have given weighting for each subject according to your strengths and weaknesses. Stick to it! and you will be able to prep up for the exams.
Right now - concentrate on the art exam and your coursework - so give them higher priority -
Reply 7
kellywood_5
Concentrate solely on your art exam and coursework at the moment, making those the best they can be. Then, once they're out of the way, concentrate solely on revision. You'll probably find that more effective than trying to do both at the same time.

Thanks for that, I may take that advice. Sounds like a good plan :smile:
Reply 8
hellom
Is eveyone revising already then for June?

yup :biggrin:

I have too,
my brains like a sieve and I've always been taught to revise months before!!!:redface:

xxx
Reply 9
jesus_navas
im struggling to balance my work, cwork and my theory test which is coming soon :frown:

yeh I've got my theory and my oractical to book lol

xxx
Reply 10
wackysparkle
If you need help with Art - you can PM me - i did figures in a levels, have a couple of artists that you could use

Don't panic! - i suggest that you write down a list of priorities - then create a timetable where you have given weighting for each subject according to your strengths and weaknesses. Stick to it! and you will be able to prep up for the exams.
Right now - concentrate on the art exam and your coursework - so give them higher priority -

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

your a star :littleang
Reply 11
Coursework - Art Exam - Other Exams. You'll be fine!!
Reply 12
My two cents:

Buy a folder. Print out all the syllabi of the exams you will take and put them in the folder. Read them everyday!
Reply 13
dans
Coursework - Art Exam - Other Exams. You'll be fine!!

Lol I wish

I could never get an a at Geo at A2 lol

xxx
soar

But if anyone has any advice, or can do anything to help.

Stop wasting time on TSR and start studying.
I am in a similar prediciment, however I am just going to give up, fail and comeback next year.
Reply 16
dude its only march if you try im sure youll do fine. Work hard and youll be ok. Try to cover everything you need to know 2 - 3times + Past papers
Reply 17
Dirka
I am in a similar prediciment, however I am just going to give up, fail and comeback next year.

I'm afaraid thats not an option for me. I cant afford to do that. I need to pass this year sadly :redface:
right well you can do this two ways:

1. panic and **** up. excuse one's french
2. sort it all out

sort your notes out 1st, order them by date, preference in what you need to learn etcetc
next off list all the coursework/homework you need to do, when it needs to be in by and how much you have left to do
prioritise it and set deadlines for YOU to have done it by
and revision well... build it up night by night? with all your coursework you can't revise EVERY night but you can do a little? maybe an hour? and then when you finally have more time build it up slowly till May when your revising like 2/3 hours

I think revising for 5 hours an evening is completely trash but if you want to make yourself a hermit go ahead :smile:

that's it... i should take my own advice but i'm listening to rent and thinking about homework haha

good luck :smile: x
Reply 19
you need to get into a steady routine. You should make work charts etc, to help you stick to what you're doing.