The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Will Exeter Uni accept people with NVQs?

I'm in year 11 and I want to study zoology or animal behaviour at uni in the future and I was planning to go down the route of doing a levels at my local college rather than at school because I feel like I would be unhappy going to a sixth form. However the college has just completely scrapped their a level courses so I'm considering studying a level 3 diploma in animal management or in environmental sustainability but do you think it would be good enough to get into Exeter uni or am I better off sticking it out and doing a levels?
Reply 1
Original post by jenna3457
I'm in year 11 and I want to study zoology or animal behaviour at uni in the future and I was planning to go down the route of doing a levels at my local college rather than at school because I feel like I would be unhappy going to a sixth form. However the college has just completely scrapped their a level courses so I'm considering studying a level 3 diploma in animal management or in environmental sustainability but do you think it would be good enough to get into Exeter uni or am I better off sticking it out and doing a levels?

BTECs and A-levels are very different qualifications, you should have a serious think if you'd be better off/happier doing one over the other.

University websites are usually thorough when they talk about entry requirements. In Exeter's case this holds true as they say they will accept Extended Diplomas in a range of subjects, including Animal Management:

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/biosciences/animal/#Entry-requirements

You can check if it's the same for other similar courses too (remember that even if it's the same subect there are different options like MSci, placement year, etc.).
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending