The Student Room Group

My hairs too thin :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmEmTheFairy
Stop putting heat on your hair as often, try to let it dry naturally and sleep with it in plaits or braids to protect the hair. Try putting oil treatments on your hair (I recommended coconut oil, I swear by it!) and invest in a good shampoo and conditioner (one that doesn't have sulphates or parabens in). Try not to pull your hair back everyday, either wear your hair down or wear it in a side plait. Make sure you get enough sleep, and enough exercise; exercise can help your hair to grow. Drink plenty of water and try to eat healthy, vegetables and fruits contain vitamins and minerals! Do not solely rely on the hair, skin and nails tablets as someone else suggested, they can work, but they may not work for everyone. Also, stop dyeing your hair if you are and try to go natural. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a boy -.- I don't do most of that stuff blimey why isn't my gender sign popping up kms..
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
I'm a boy -.- I don't do most of that stuff blimey why isn't my gender sign popping up kms..

How was I supposed to know if you were male or female? I can only apologise, nothing showed up on my screen.

Okay so excluding the hair plaits etc, you can do everything else. Maybe you just have thin hair?
How was I supposed to know if you were male or female? I can only apologise, nothing showed up on my screen.

Okay so excluding the hair plaits etc, you can do everything else. Maybe you just have thin hair?

But i don't like my thin hair WAAAAH :frown:
But i don't like my thin hair WAAAAH :frown:

I know, it's annoying. Ive always had thick hair, but it got super thin and I found what i mentioned above to be useful :frown: Do you not want to consider even healthy eating/exercise? It can help. If you were female I would suggest vitamins, but since youre male thats not a good idea because the vitamins are actually for pregnant women, hahaha.
Try Aloe Vera
I know, it's annoying. Ive always had thick hair, but it got super thin and I found what i mentioned above to be useful :frown: Do you not want to consider even healthy eating/exercise? It can help. If you were female I would suggest vitamins, but since youre male thats not a good idea because the vitamins are actually for pregnant women, hahaha.

lool thanks anyway I'll try out what you said much appreciated!
Original post by LouOla
Use something called biotin which naturally increases hair thickness and makes it fuller and healthier. You can search biotin tablets, or purchase a shampoo that contains biotin.

:smile:

I've heard of this, but have never actually taken it up. Is it really good/
Amino Acid Tablets :s-smilie:
Reply 28
Does anyone know how to get my hair thicker its just too thin and you can see my scalp in one area :frown:

you mentioned you are male somewhere on this thread.. hair loss or receding hair line can be hereditary, do any males in your family suffer from a similar problem?

in addition to this it could be stress related, are you working under increased pressure? any changes in your diet? do you massage your head often? (weird question, but its proven to increase hair growth, by improving circulation)
Reply 29
Original post by Steeplechasing
I've heard of this, but have never actually taken it up. Is it really good/

I've genuinly heard that it is really good yeah :smile: Provided you are taking it whilst improving your diet to include a lot of fruits, vegetables and proteins, then it should work wonders :smile:
Use Jamaican castor oil; it grows and forms a protective shield over the area while the hair grows. It's actually magical :moon:
Never use heat on your hair. Oil your hair maybe once every two weeks. Be sure to use coconut oil. Research more online into thst to find the right oils for your hair type.

Eat well and don't brush your hair too much either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Use Jamaican castor oil; it grows and forms a protective shield over the area while the hair grows. It's actually magical :moon:

You're welcome :h:

I'd have to disagree with the poster above (Rossagle) slightly, but maybe because it's because of my hair texture and curls. Coconut seems to have a drying effect on my hair, making it seem more parched than looking hydrated and all :erm:

Anyway, good luck! :smile:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You're welcome :h:

I'd have to disagree with the poster above (Rossagle) slightly, but maybe because it's because of my hair texture and curls. Coconut seems to have a drying effect on my hair, making it seem more parched than looking hydrated and all :erm:

Anyway, good luck! :smile:

Oh I'll take your advice :P cause I've seen you so much on the forums pretty famous :biggrin: thank you again I appreciate it so much !
castor oil its amazing
Original post by BobbyFlay
Have you tried hiring a small gay black man to roast you?
I've heard it works wonders.

Thanks for the free bump :smile:
Reply 37
Along with the already suggested, you can always use powder, such as Good Looking. All you have to do is sprinkle it over your hair, and it'll create an illusion and make it look like you have thick hair. I also suggest you use hair products which add volume to your hair, such as the Label.M Volume Mousse.

It's hard to actually thicken hair (I have thin hair as well), so just do your best not to damage the hair you already have. Make sure you have a heat-protection spray before you blow-dry your hair.
I'm not a girl to straighten my hair anyway sooo..

I beg to differ:tongue:
Original post by Rhythmical
I beg to differ:tongue:

shut up this was an old thread...

Quick Reply

Latest