The Student Room Group

What should I do as my fourth subject for A levels??

Hi, I'm in a bit of dilemma because in my school, there is a block system for choosing a levels, so we choose one subject from each block and we cannot choose more than one. So my subjects are english literature, sociology, biology but I need a fourth subject for my a levels. Initially, i was doing biology, psychology, sociology and german but can't do them now. The only options I have are art, possibly government and politics, and geography. What should I do for my fourth subject? I have considered art as it is a great passion of mine; but I've been told it seems as a waste of an a level because I'm not planning on going into a career in it.. I just need some advice or should I change my sixth form altogether??
Move schools, what kind of idiocracy is this? Go somewhere where you can do whatever you want.
Reply 2
Original post by LibertyMan
Move schools, what kind of idiocracy is this? Go somewhere where you can do whatever you want.

Ahh you have no idea, my school has made me re-pick my subjects about 4 times and right now giving me only these options again. Today was my first day and I thought I was fine but now they told me to choose the last one again because it's clashing with another subject. Is it possible for me to join/move to another school right now??
Original post by lalaa64
Ahh you have no idea, my school has made me re-pick my subjects about 4 times and right now giving me only these options again. Today was my first day and I thought I was fine but now they told me to choose the last one again because it's clashing with another subject. Is it possible for me to join/move to another school right now??

I haven't personally moved so don't have any experience to talk about, but I know my 2 friends switched schools and went to them for 1 day but then switched back to our school the following day. I guess the best you can do is email, phone other schools and enquire.
Reply 4
Original post by lalaa64

Your school sounds very unorganised. The sooner you ask other schools about moving there, the more likely they are to accept you (if that's what you want to do).

You could always teach yourself an A-level. :smile:
I hate schools with a crap blocking system.
Reply 6
Original post by LibertyMan
I haven't personally moved so don't have any experience to talk about, but I know my 2 friends switched schools and went to them for 1 day but then switched back to our school the following day. I guess the best you can do is email, phone other schools and enquire.

Thank youu so much x
Reply 7
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
I hate schools with a crap blocking system.

You're telling mee :/

Quick Reply

Latest