The Student Room Group

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Dictator
I don't give a crap.

Oh how bloody humane of you
either you have no heart or you're just a self-serving pig
Original post by NK18444
Oh how bloody humane of you
either you have no heart or you're just a self-serving pig

No, I don't. And yes, I am a self-serving pig. Now stop the emotional blackmail.
Reply 42
Unlikely, the main issue with the ones you see dying in the back of trucks or on dangerous boat rides is that they don't have the papers to be refugees.
Its like that boy we saw on the beach recently, originally the media reported that he'd had refugee status rejected when his aunt applied, but its come to light that the aunt in fact applied for just her brother (the one which wasn't the childs father) to come.
The family didn't have refugee status, and that's why they had to make the journey illegally.

I think if the roles were reversed, the same would happen. western refugees would be a mix of people actually fleeing wars, people fleeing wars who failed to actually identify themselves, and people fraudulently claiming to be refugees to get into another country. Because refugee camps get so crowded so quickly, its only ever going to be possible to let the first of the three types of people in, the people we can actually confirm to be refugees.
There's nothing inherently evil about most muslim nations, as many such as saudi arabia are still rich modern societies, so it makes sense to me that they would behave in the same way.
To be fair, Pakistan was part of the British Empire so I wouldn't say they had much of a say about it.

Actually they did. It was a volunteer army, but hey we can't have Muslims volunteering to help their colonial masters fight each other can we?
I wouldn't eradicate all Muslims. We need a counterbalance to Marxism and you're doing a very good job of that...Marxists are deluded enough to even ally with you, not knowing that they are digging their own graves. Lol.

What has Marxism got to do with the point I have made.

You're avoiding the main point yet again. Typical, typical you. :h:

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” Jim Butcher, Vignette

Original post by NK18444
Listen mate their is no "lol" in innocent children being killed

Snippy and his crew love this. The more Muslims that are dead, the better.

Unfortunately these people have never really experienced anything as awful as being forced to flee from their homeland and losing loved ones along the way. I pity them.
Original post by NaTaLiiA513

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” Jim Butcher, Vignette

Unfortunately these people have never really experienced anything as awful as being forced to flee from their homeland and losing loved ones along the way. I pity them.

You aren't making an argument. You're emotionally blackmailing people into joining your pity party. Sod off.
Reply 46
Original post by Plagioclase
How on earth could you possibly know that these countries wouldn't accept refugees from the UK or France? You have absolutely zero evidence to support that. On the other hand, there's absolutely plenty of evidence to suggest that they would take in refugees from northern Europe since they have taken in millions of refugees from the Middle East.

You seem to be talking about Turkey, not Syria. Syria would never in a million years take in refugees from the West in such a high number as they are pouring out of Syria. Simple reasons why are because they can't afford it, and would consider our way of life different to theirs. But of course when its the West taking in refugees we have to respect their way of life or its racist.

And stop dodging the question by reaching for the example of the wealthy Gulf states. You only need one example of a Muslim country taking in huge numbers of refugees to disprove the statement that "Muslim countries won't take in refugees". You could just as well use the example of Portugal or Lithuania or Ireland to say "Christian or European nations won't take in refugees". Yes, the wealthy Gulf states have been behaving appallingly but this is absolutely nothing to do with them being Muslim.

I never said Muslim countries wouldn't, I said the Arab countries wouldn't. Big difference. On top of that, you're the one making this about religion, not me. If you're so happy about muslims then fine, **** off to mecca, I don't care. You're avoiding the main question which is would Syria take in any refugees like we have?

The West is partially to blame for the problems and destruction in the Middle East. The West have to clean up their mess.

No, because every time we attempt to help out we get moaned at from libtards like you. From now on we should not involve ourselves in anything which doesn't concern us. That's the Arab attitude towards the suffering of others - why should we be any different?

And what sort of aid does the West need exactly?

We don't, that wasn't the question was it? The OP asked if the tables were turned would we be taken in by Syrians? The simple answer is no, we would not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/21/muslims-give-most_n_3630830.html

Yet, it's Muslims who give the most charity before Christians, Jews and Atheists so it's better if you stop acting like you are all so generous.

Yeah, except as I already explained, they only ever donate to fellow muslim countries, more often than not with the intention to promote Islam.
I don't give a crap.

And this is why you'll never have a professional job - if these views come about ofc
No, I don't. And yes, I am a self-serving pig. Now stop the emotional blackmail.

If you were ever on the receiving end of the Israeli regime where you and your family are tortured, raped and then killed because you don't want to be living in a constricted space with absolutely no freedom then I am sure your opinions would change.
I am a third generation Muslim girl in Britain and am happy to say that I call the UK my home and haven. I have always had a sense of belonging here but right now I am doubting my mind set due to the likes of people on here that like you are downright unkind. I truly am sad for you and your upbringing it must have been twisted considering you "don't give a crap" of the innocent dying
Original post by NK18444
If you were ever on the receiving end of the Israeli regime where you and your family are tortured, raped and then killed because you don't want to be living in a constricted space with absolutely no freedom then I am sure your opinions would change.
I am a third generation Muslim girl in Britain and am happy to say that I call the UK my home and haven. I have always had a sense of belonging here but right now I am doubting my mind set due to the likes of people on here that like you are downright unkind. I truly am sad for you and your upbringing it must have been twisted considering you "don't give a crap" of the innocent dying

The only person's life I care about is my own, and to a lesser extent that of my relatives...

We shouldn't pity the dead for they are in a better placeBut shall pity ourselves for living alongside evil and malice who take pride in the death of women and childrenI hope they feed on the power and happiness of innocent death because they will be destined the worst.
The only person's life I care about is my own, and to a lesser extent that of my relatives...

Well yipee for you then :biggrin:
Original post by Evening
You seem to be talking about Turkey, not Syria. Syria would never in a million years take in refugees from the West in such a high number as they are pouring out of Syria. Simple reasons why are because they can't afford it, and would consider our way of life different to theirs. But of course when its the West taking in refugees we have to respect their way of life or its racist.

I never said Muslim countries wouldn't, I said the Arab countries wouldn't. Big difference. On top of that, you're the one making this about religion, not me. If you're so happy about muslims then fine, **** off to mecca, I don't care. You're avoiding the main question which is would Syria take in any refugees like we have?

No, because every time we attempt to help out we get moaned at from libtards like you. From now on we should not involve ourselves in anything which doesn't concern us. That's the Arab attitude towards the suffering of others - why should we be any different?

We don't, that wasn't the question was it? The OP asked if the tables were turned would we be taken in by Syrians? The simple answer is no, we would not.

Yeah, except as I already explained, they only ever donate to fellow muslim countries, more often than not with the intention to promote Islam.

The title of this thread, if you haven't read it, is "Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed". I don't know what question you're answering but that's the question I'm answering, so I don't know why you keep defiantly trying to answer questions of your own design. Make a new thread if you want to debate whether or not Syria and Syria alone would take in refugees.

You've also just countered your own argument. As you point out, many countries in the Middle East - such as Syria - are not very wealthy so they are not in as good a position as we are to take in refugees. That isn't their fault, and it therefore makes it a lot more understandable if they had trouble taking in refugees. We, on the other hand, are very wealthy and enjoy comparatively luxurious lifestyles. So it is absolutely reasonable to expect us to take in refugees because we can afford to. Western countries don't have the same economic situation as poor Middle Eastern countries so it's completely unfair to turn the tables and say "Well they wouldn't accept that many refugees". I'm quite certain that they would happily exchange the potential to take in more refugees if they were fortunate enough to enjoy our quality of life! If you want to move to a poorer country so that you no longer have to take in refugees then I'm sure there are many places that would gladly accept you.

And I'm not entirely sure why you think it's appropriate to call someone a "Libtard" in a discussion but in case you haven't been taught manners yet, it's not. Resorting to insults generally means you've run out of sensible arguments.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NK18444
We shouldn't pity the dead for they are in a better placeBut shall pity ourselves for living alongside evil and malice who take pride in the death of women and childrenI hope they feed on the power and happiness of innocent death because they will be destined the worst.

How terrible for you...living aside infidels and kafirs (sarcasm).
Original post by Evening
That's because it indirectly affected them as much as it indirectly affected other communities, hence the term 'World' war, not 'local war. Had they not joined in they would have left themselves open to attack from Japan, or either of Italy or Germany's African colonies.

Absolutely not true. The war was never fought in mainland / Central Asia, it was fought in east Asia and the Middle East. The war was not theirs and there's nothing to suggest that it would've become theirs.

Your "would have left themselves open to attack" argument is akin to the argument "they definately have weapons of mass destruction...honest".
You aren't making an argument. You're emotionally blackmailing people into joining your pity party. Sod off.

You've avoided my whole argument posted previously by calling me an "israelophobic", whatever the hell that is.

Interpret my responses as you wish. If you feel emotionally blackmailed then that's telling you something. Man, I can't explain everything to you.

Good luck on becoming Prime Minister. I'm sure we will all be delighted. :smile:

Original post by Evening

Syria's economy has been set back by more than 3 decades because of war, plus all the trade sanctions the West have put on Syria.

They're in no position to take in the West (which they never will have to because the West would never be in such a situation like the Middle East).

Yeah, you do have to respect their way of life because WE'RE ALL HUMAN. We have to learn to live with one another. It's a hard concept, I know but you'll get the hang of it...eventually.

Original post by Evening

"**** off to Mecca"?

Somebody's getting a bit angry. The fact that you have to resort to indecent language indicates that you're non existent argument is failing.

The question has been answered, my friend. Many times by a few other people and me. It's you that chooses to ignore it and change the goal posts.

But the thing is, you have used the words "Muslim countries" making it all about religion.

Ah, sometimes I wonder why I'm debating about Muslims yet again. I nearly forgot how it drives you around the bend.

Original post by Evening

Help does not mean bombing the hell out of innocent civilians. The West goes into the Middle East partially for their own benefits.
The West have contributed to making a living hell out of the Middle East and now it's their responsibility, as humans, to help mankind.

Try harder next time, dear. :u:
It's interesting how quick some people here have been to react to OPs question with talk of Jews sorry I mean Israel.

Anyway to answer OP's question, half of these countries won't even take in their fellow Muslims let alone us. As for countries who have taken in refugees such as Turkey, much of that is done in our aid money anyway but that aside, no, I dong envision these places would piss on us if we were on fire.
How terrible for you...living aside infidels and kafirs (sarcasm).

Hahahah Mate I love the UK and the people in it I have no reason to hate my non Muslim friends and family
I do have a reason to hate the act of an individual saying he/she doesn't "give a crap" regarding the deaths of innocent children
I live alongside non Muslims everyday and if I didn't love it I wouldn't stay here I'd leave and go to live in a Muslim country
The truth is mate with all banter aside I can walk outside with a hijab on and clothes that express the homeland of my ancestors and still have the ability to integrate and live in harmony and love Britain warts and all
What's funny is it seems that you can't do the same
Please forgive me if I have offended you I do go on a bit

Peace and Love
You've avoided my whole argument posted previously by calling me an "israelophobic", whatever the hell that is.

Interpret my responses as you wish. If you feel emotionally blackmailed then that's telling you something. Man, I can't explain everything to you.

Good luck on becoming Prime Minister. I'm sure we will all be delighted.

All human beings do things for their own self-interest, and long may we in the West continue doing so. You are just spreading anti-Western propaganda.

It's pretty clear that your Muslim parents have brainwashed the hell out of you. A common case.

You are not a rational human being, therefore I can disregard anything you have to say...

have you experienced that then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending