The Student Room Group

Pinsent Masons Gap Year 2016

Hi has anyone applied - where for, what are you applying for at uni, do you have legal work experience, and what are your GCSE grades, AS grades, predicted A2s and subjects??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am looking to apply to the Pinsent Masons Gap Year Programme 2016 but I don't think the applications are out yet:frown: I am looking to apply to the London offices. Nope, no legal work experience but aim to get some this year + I have visited court cases and attended talks from specialized barristers and solicitors so I hope that works in my favor. At Uni I would like to study Law & Politics
GCSE Grades- 2As,3Bs,3Cs&1Distinc
AS Grades BCD subjects in history,politics and philosophy (mitigating circumstances) so re-sitting 3 modules to help my overall A2 grades
To be honest I don't think my chances are high but it's worth a try :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 98emma
Hi, I am looking to apply to the Pinsent Masons Gap Year Programme 2016 but I don't think the applications are out yet:frown: I am looking to apply to the London offices. Nope, no legal work experience but aim to get some this year + I have visited court cases and attended talks from specialized barristers and solicitors so I hope that works in my favor. At Uni I would like to study Law & Politics
GCSE Grades- 2As,3Bs,3Cs&1Distinc
AS Grades BCD subjects in history,politics and philosophy (mitigating circumstances) so re-sitting 3 modules to help my overall A2 grades
To be honest I don't think my chances are high but it's worth a try :smile:

Hey applications opened a couple of days ago :smile:
Reply 3
As for me -

Applying for London
Applying for Business at uni this year but plan to reapply during gap year for Law if successful (interested in corporate law)
No legal work experience
GCSEs 10 A*s
AS AABB (English Lit, History, Maths, Chemistry)
A2 predictions are A*AB
Reply 4
Original post by KatieBee18
As for me -

Applying for London
Applying for Business at uni this year but plan to reapply during gap year for Law if successful (interested in corporate law)
No legal work experience
GCSEs 10 A*s
AS AABB (English Lit, History, Maths, Chemistry)
A2 predictions are A*AB

Oh yeah I've just seen the application, half way through it. Well done on you're amazing grades& good luck
Hey everyone :smile:
I'm applying for the London offices
GCSEs: 5A*s, 4As and 1B
Predicted A2s: AAA
Planning to apply for Law this year but honestly this seems like such a great opportunity, that I'd rather take the placement and do deferred entry :smile:
Does anyone know when we'll find out if we've got it?
x
Better late than never!
Applied to Manchester
University: Spanish and Arabic at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Exeter
Legal work experience: 1 week UN Geneva, 10 weeks once a week in house at Iceland Foods head office, 1 week Hill Dickinson, 1 week Pannone Corporate, attended a future lawyers seminar in London
GCSEs: 8A*s, 1A, 1B
AS subjects: Spanish (A) English lit (A) French (C) History (C)- I was predicted all As but was very very ill during exams... :/ so I'm resitting the two Cs :smile:
A2 subjects and predictions: Spanish (A*) French (A*) English lit (A)
Good luck everyone! Any ideas when we hear back...?
Ok so I'm hardly the best contender but I might as well give it a try. It asks if I'm on track for A's and B's for A2, and I'm not sure what to answer to that? I mean, I have an A in Spanish already, and I'm getting an A/B in Sociology, but as I'm resitting a couple modules should I just go by what I'm predicted to have (which doesn't rely on my resits next summer) or by what I could achieve WITH resits?
Reply 8
Has anyone actually submitted their application yet?
For some reason after entering all my qualifications it doesn't mark the section as fully completed. What am I missing in order to have the green tick on the application status bar next the secondary education field?
Reply 10
I'm a bit late but I've also applied.
I know it's early but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Looking at previous threads people started to get interviews around this time last year.
Original post by Ryan7926
I know it's early but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Looking at previous threads people started to get interviews around this time last year.

I just received an email a few hours ago saying my application was being processed and I should receive a response by the 31st of December , not too hopeful though and wouldn't be too demotivated if I didn't get through.
Original post by Salsa123
I just received an email a few hours ago saying my application was being processed and I should receive a response by the 31st of December , not too hopeful though and wouldn't be too demotivated if I didn't get through.

I've applied too! To London and Manchester, where have you both applied? :smile:

They don't start looking at applications until the deadline which was Friday, so don't worry! They will respond within 2 weeks.
Got my confirmation today as well! Does anyone know when we hear if we have been short listed and invited to interview? And when the interviews would be? I have my first practise interview next week... (My school set them up)😳
Reply 15
Original post by JodieHarriett18
I've applied too! To London and Manchester, where have you both applied? :smile:

I've applied to Glasgow and Edinburgh.
I've applied to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Manchester over here 🙋
Oh cool!! I heard that after you get the 'application under review' email, which is after the confirmation one, they tend to give you a decision within 2-3 days, going off the threads from last year. I got that email yesterday, so should hear soon, we all should!!
Original post by JodieHarriett18

I've applied just to London but am also contemplating the work placement.
Hi guys,
I just found out about this opportunity today :frown:
Does anyone know if the deadline has passed.

Quick Reply

Latest