The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

RockSoc Music Requests

Hey everyone!
For those who don't know, RockSoc run a fortnightly, alternative music night at the Union called Subversion. They're looking to update their music library over the summer and are putting out feelers for what people want to hear. As new students, if you like alt music are there any requests? ^_^

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff played there now, it's things like punk rock, metal, ska, classic rock, glam rock, industrial, etc etc. If you like stuff like this, throw some ideas out there as to what you like and I'll report back to RockSoc for you!

If you're interested in joining, their Facebook group can be found here and their Twitter account here.

***SUBVERSION INFO***

The first Subversion of the year is on Saturday 26th September, after which it will run fortnightly.

It is held in Cognitos (Cogs) in the Union, entrance is through the back by the car park.

Entry is £2.50, but is only £1.50 if you have RockSoc Membership, Platinum or Gold.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by LSUFever
Hey everyone!
For those who don't know, RockSoc run a fortnightly, alternative music night at the Union called Subversion. They're looking to update their music library over the summer and are putting out feelers for what people want to hear. As new students, if you like alt music are there any requests? ^_^

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff played there now, it's things like punk rock, metal, ska, classic rock, glam rock, industrial, etc etc. If you like stuff like this, throw some ideas out there as to what you like and I'll report back to RockSoc for you!

Anything by the Smiths please!! Oh and Disorder by Joy Division :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by shyam202
Anything by the Smiths please!! Oh and Disorder by Joy Division :smile:

Brilliant, thanks ^_^ passed it on! I'm going to add information about the first Subversion to the original post if you're interested!
Reply 3
Original post by LSUFever
Brilliant, thanks ^_^ passed it on! I'm going to add information about the first Subversion to the original post if you're interested!

Sweet! Yeah sure thing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending