The Student Room Group

Looking forward to pursuing a career as a Physiotherapist inshallah (if good wills)

Hi I am a second year undergraduate student who is interested in pursuing a career in Physiotherapy. I have just recenlty applied for a volunteering role at my local hospital and am waiting for a start date. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me as I want to know a bit more information about this career from someone who is currently practising as a physiotherapist or is on a physiotherapy degree programme. I want to apply for a physiotherapy pre-reg course. Currently studying Sports science.

1) What kind of experience would I need and what length of experience would deem a good amount of time. For e.g. would 6 months in a health care environment be sufficient experience or would I need more.

2) Would I need experience in different sectors or would one be enough. For e.g. having relevent experience in hospital setting only, or having experience in hospital, care homes etc.

3) What is a typical day to day job like of a physiotherapist? an insight into the role

4) How can I prepare for my masters? for example any books or any resources I can read etc.

5) Anyone on a Pre-reg course, what is the course like, is it more practical based than learning or the otherway round?. Is it quite challening (is it a tough course). Please can you enlighten me with your knowledge and experience. Any tips / Advice I would most definitely appreciate.

6) Interview questions regarding masters Pre-reg applicatons:

Can you apply for the masters during the final year of undergraduate study or do you have to wait for your results?

What kind of questions do they ask you in the interview?

How can I prepare for my interview?. Again any websites, books, tips/avices etc. much appreciated

How do you apply for the course. Is it through UCAS or directly through the university website?

Help with personal statement. how to write an excellent and presentable one. What to include etc.

Thank you so much for your help. Really this would mean A lot to me. I will also be asking these questions from a physiotherapist once I start working but the more information received the better.

Again thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending