The Student Room Group

Acne Issues!! Please help :(

So I'm a 21 year old who has suffered from acne for like forever, since I was 11. I have acne prone sensitive skin. I got my face threaded the day before yesterday and put ice on the area as it was red.
I used ice again yesterday too and now I've got tons of whiteheads that have come out!
Can anyone offer me a solution or tell me why icing my acne is causing me more whiteheads??

Thank you!
Heat generally opens up your pores. The cold closes your pores making it hard for any form of bacteria to come out causing more whiteheads.
I feel for you, both myself and my daughter suffer with acne. The only thing that remotely works for us is:

Get a bowl of hot water and pop some tea tree oil in it, pop a towel over head and lean over the bowl essentially giving yourself a steam facial. This will open your pores up a treat. Using a warm flannel and warm water, pop some exfoliator on it and gently exfoliate your face (tea tree and witch hazel stuff from Boots is awesome and cheap). Rinse clean with warm water. I
f you haven't got sensitive skin (aside from the acne), at this point I'd recommend a clay mask or a gel one that peels off when cool. If you do have sensitive skin, skip this step.
Next, using slightly cooler water, rinse your face again to tighten your pores back up.
Then apply some witch hazel gel to your face and allow to dry.
Repeat this every other day. Try not to mess with your skin too much other than this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending