The Student Room Group

Which unis are easiest/hardest to get into for medicine?

Generally I know what universities are really hard to get into but I don't have much of a clue about unis that are more likely to offer places.

To give a bit of background, I had 8A*'s and 4 A's at GCSE and 4B's at AS level (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and French) but I know I can do way better than that at A level since I didn't work as hard as I could have the past year and I've also dropped French. I'll also be doing my UKCAT in October.

Does anyone know which universities it would be best for me to apply to and which I'd be most likely to get into? I would really like get into Nottingham and Newcastle but I don't know if that's really very realistic, anybody know if there's any hope, or if I should just give up on those and focus on easier unis? By the way, I'm going for all medicine courses this year and if I don't get in I'll b having a gap year, no suggestions about look into another career thanks, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by indhar98
Generally I know what universities are really hard to get into but I don't have much of a clue about unis that are more likely to offer places.

To give a bit of background, I had 8A*'s and 4 A's at GCSE and 4B's at AS level (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and French) but I know I can do way better than that at A level since I didn't work as hard as I could have the past year and I've also dropped French. I'll also be doing my UKCAT in October.

Does anyone know which universities it would be best for me to apply to and which I'd be most likely to get into? I would really like get into Nottingham and Newcastle but I don't know if that's really very realistic, anybody know if there's any hope, or if I should just give up on those and focus on easier unis? By the way, I'm going for all medicine courses this year and if I don't get in I'll b having a gap year, no suggestions about look into another career thanks, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thanks!! :smile:

If your predicted grades are not AAA you have little to no chance getting a interview at any uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending