The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
alasdair_R
The above was out of character, of course...

no - thats pretty much our opinion of the rolling over stance of those cheese-eating surrender-monkeys - yet another example of them lying down in a situation where action is required, along with strength of conviction.
Reply 41
bikerx23
no - thats pretty much our opinion of the rolling over stance of those cheese-eating surrender-monkeys - yet another example of them lying down in a situation where action is required, along with strength of conviction.

[OOC - at least out of weasely formal character] I'm abstaining because I don't have a clear mandate not to, by the way
Reply 42
alasdair_R
[OOC - at least out of weasely formal character] I'm abstaining because I don't have a clear mandate not to, by the way

I think you should have mentioned the poll in your blog - I didn't notice it until today.
Reply 43
bikerx23
I think you should have mentioned the poll in your blog - I didn't notice it until today.

That's a very good point - one I forgot about completely. *whisks off to do it now, somewhat belatedly*

If that brings me a clearer result on the poll, then I'll reconsider my standpoint.
Reply 44
The poll is closed...
Reply 45
bikerx23
The poll is closed...

Oh, bugger, I forgot about that. There's nothing my weakling non-mod powers can do about that, is there?
Reply 46
bikerx23
I meant the fact that it has broken protocal by being in debate without a vote on the issue for more than a week - considering Frances veto only applies at the security council stage, such an issue was insufficient to put the voting on hold in the GA, but since it did surely this resolution is as a result discarded?

If I knew that it could jeapardise the resolution, I would have waited till SC level to dig my heels in. I asked permission before deferring the poll. Please give it a chance.
Reply 47
Haven't read through the thread, but in response to this, we ask that the US government conduct fair trials, giving the accused access to civilian lawyers, and allowing the media to scrutinise the process.

We also ask for access to Hambali, who is an Indonesian citizen and was involved in the planning and execution of several terrorist-related activities here on Indonesian soil.
Reply 48
brimstone
Sorry, I haven't been around properly for a few days, so I haven't had time to formulate my stance. And I really don't tonight either.

Therefore, I'll just abstain. :\

The epitome of not being around

Edit : Shame that link didn't work. It was to your post history showing clear evidence of you having posted around various areas of the site. Let's face it, if your stance was in character it wouldn't take much effort to formulate.
Pakistan would abstain from voting on the resolution, as it is based on allegations, not facts. However, we still encourage the USA to give all prisoners a fair chance of trial and abstain from human rights violations.
Reply 50
Why would this even go to the SC?? its for a completely different committee, just because we dont have that committee doesnt mean we should refer it to the SC.
Reply 51
6+6=6
Why would this even go to the SC?? its for a completely different committee, just because we dont have that committee doesnt mean we should refer it to the SC.

Because if we only submitted resolutions that were ideal for the committees we have then we'd be even more limited in what we can write a resolution on, and if we don't send things to SC, then the SC have less activity too :dontknow:
Feel like writing some appropriate resolutions? :p:
Reply 52
Craghyrax
Because if we only submitted resolutions that were ideal for the committees we have then we'd be even more limited in what we can write a resolution on, and if we don't send things to SC, then the SC have less activity too :dontknow:
Feel like writing some appropriate resolutions? :p:

what I'm saying is, if its passed at GA level, and we dont have the resources to send it further to another committee, there's no need to send it to the SC, you can simply declare it passed.
Reply 53
6+6=6
what I'm saying is, if its passed at GA level, and we dont have the resources to send it further to another committee, there's no need to send it to the SC, you can simply declare it passed.

I guess I don't really understand why you don't think its relevent to the SC. I'd happily pass it, obviously! :p: :ninja:
Reply 54
Nefarious: What are your thoughts on 6+6's suggestions on this resolution? Should it go to SC?
Reply 55
Sent to SC.
Craghyrax
Nefarious: What are your thoughts on 6+6's suggestions on this resolution? Should it go to SC?
Personal opinion, probably not but there isn't the precident for it not too.
Reply 57
Nefarious
Personal opinion, probably not but there isn't the precident for it not too.

Thanks and ditto!

Latest

Trending

Trending