The Student Room Group

is it better to apply as an individual applicant or through my college?

hi!
i am taking a gap year and am applying to university now with for 2016 can anyone advise if it is better to apply as an individual or through my college?
Original post by Ellie123456
hi!
i am taking a gap year and am applying to university now with for 2016 can anyone advise if it is better to apply as an individual or through my college?

You'll need references and unless your gap year is going to involve people getting to know you on an academic basis, those references will really need to come through your college, so there is no reason to apply as an individual if they will process your application for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You'll need references and unless your gap year is going to involve people getting to know you on an academic basis, those references will really need to come through your college, so there is no reason to apply as an individual if they will process your application for you.

Hey,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but as you're a teacher I was just wandering if you could help me to where I put this qualification on my Ucas form, despite me not wanting it there:

Pearson BTEC level 1/2 first award in Application of sicence (Merit)
and also Pearson Btec Level 1/2 first award in principles of applied science which I got a pass in. I know this is equvelnt to two GCSE's but have no idea where to put it and have tried most of the BTEC options and can't find right one. Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks.
Original post by alexp98
Hey,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but as you're a teacher I was just wandering if you could help me to where I put this qualification on my Ucas form, despite me not wanting it there:

Pearson BTEC level 1/2 first award in Application of sicence (Merit)
and also Pearson Btec Level 1/2 first award in principles of applied science which I got a pass in. I know this is equvelnt to two GCSE's but have no idea where to put it and have tried most of the BTEC options and can't find right one. Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks.

Can't say I've ever had to put this in as I've never heard of it, but there's an 'other' option under qualifications so just type it in there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending