The Student Room Group

Nedd advice (sti or something else?)

Just came back from a weeks holiday abroad in Europe but midway through the break I made a silly drunken mistake and slept with a prostitute, having protected sex and receiving a blowjob with protection. I woke up from the encounter 6 hours later with a rash on my arm and a sore throat (although I had been heavily drinking and I also had a drunken fall the night before which might well have been the cause of the rash). I also had a whole load of mosquito bites which swelled around my neck/legs etc. For the rest of that day I could hardly eat and felt a strong sense of malaise.

The next day I felt better but in general I didn't feel great although I was very anxious and worried about my health. The day after that I woke up with another hangover and found myself again with a sore throat and not being able to eat well. I also found a random yellow bruise on my arm which might have been from the fall - not sure. That was about 2 days ago.

I came home today after a long connecting flight so I am extremely shattered but in general I just don't feel great. Although my appetite is fine now. To make it worse I went on the dailymail and just saw this which freaked the hell out of me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3226766/Brit-fighting-life-sore-throat-turned-complete-organ-failure-stranded-Spain-local-hospital-Manchester-doesn-t-bed-him.html

I've booked an appointment with my STI clinic. Should I see my GP as well I guess? Or is this just a random cold/sore throat thing? The week involved heavy drinking and very little sleep so I'm pretty run down.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Im not a doctor but heres what i think
a similar thing happened to me a while back. I woke up with a sore throat and just felt really run down, it started litterally the day after i had had sex. I had everything checked and i was fine , just caught a cold from the kissing.
If uve had protected sex you should be fine , the only Sti that tends to cause a sore throat is hiv , but the sore throat symptom is followed by a exetemley terrible flu and symptoms are present at least there weeks after intercourse, i remember being scared because i had a sore throat but its unlikely to be HIV unless its weeks after intercourse . HIV cant spread through kissing.

Having a rash however isnt good, the bruise is probably unrelated. But the rash down thsre could be a symptom of an sti but if youve had protection i doubt it.
Although if youve been bitten by alot of bugs, you might develop a rash , i would get the gp to check you havent caught any flu because bugs can spread disease. But dont worry yourself , its nothing serious . just relax and speak to your gP and they can rest your fears.
Original post by daisyfx
Im not a doctor but heres what i think
a similar thing happened to me a while back. I woke up with a sore throat and just felt really run down, it started litterally the day after i had had sex. I had everything checked and i was fine , just caught a cold from the kissing.
If uve had protected sex you should be fine , the only Sti that tends to cause a sore throat is hiv , but the sore throat symptom is followed by a exetemley terrible flu and symptoms are present at least there weeks after intercourse, i remember being scared because i had a sore throat but its unlikely to be HIV unless its weeks after intercourse . HIV cant spread through kissing.

Having a rash however isnt good, the bruise is probably unrelated. But the rash down thsre could be a symptom of an sti but if youve had protection i doubt it.
Although if youve been bitten by alot of bugs, you might develop a rash , i would get the gp to check you havent caught any flu because bugs can spread disease. But dont worry yourself , its nothing serious . just relax and speak to your gP and they can rest your fears.

The rash was on my arm, not my genital or down below area.

I went to the STI clinic today and the lady I saw was totally unbothered and said I will not have contracted anything sexually even asking what am I worried about. So that was nice, a bit of relief if you like. She stated without hesitancy that Iwas worrying over nothing and to take it easy as there is no way I have caught anything. She also said that a prostitute is safer than sleeping with a random girl on a nightout.

So ye I'm pretty chill. I do have however a really thick heavy cold since coming back but she wasn't even worried by it so I'll just take it easy I guess until 4 weeks from now to get a full test.

Quick Reply

Latest