The Student Room Group

How to get A grades at A2?

Im sure evryone knows the A grade students you see revsisng in the library but when you ask them for help they claim they never revsied at all and got A grades / full marks with no revision. I messed up last year think i could have gotren straight As but ended uo with Bs and Cs because i was lazy. This year im motivated but not a clue what to do. If yiu git an A at A2 or As olease exolain how in detail thanks. How shiuld i revise, when, how long etc.
Reply 1
Original post by toadfish
Im sure evryone knows the A grade students you see revsisng in the library but when you ask them for help they claim they never revsied at all and got A grades / full marks with no revision. I messed up last year think i could have gotren straight As but ended uo with Bs and Cs because i was lazy. This year im motivated but not a clue what to do. If yiu git an A at A2 or As olease exolain how in detail thanks. How shiuld i revise, when, how long etc.

Well, I got A grades, and I spent most of my 'revision time' gaming...

It's just a matter of making sure you understand stuff as you go along, not forgetting that stuff, and trying loads of past papers when it comes to later in the year to make sure you're not fooling yourself into thinking you know stuff. They're a good way of pinpointing weaknesses, too.

It's all a matter of confidence. If you're not confident, work out why, and fix it :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Alexion
Well, I got A grades, and I spent most of my 'revision time' gaming...

It's just a matter of making sure you understand stuff as you go along, not forgetting that stuff, and trying loads of past papers when it comes to later in the year to make sure you're not fooling yourself into thinking you know stuff. They're a good way of pinpointing weaknesses, too.

It's all a matter of confidence. If you're not confident, work out why, and fix it :h:
congrats in yiur results pal and thnaks for the reply what are you dong revision since college started if anything anf hiw.much tume do yiunsoend after cillege and in the weekend. i really dont want ro go into my exams not confident thriugh lack if revision infroze in ine of my exams for 10+ minutes
Reply 3
Original post by toadfish
congrats in yiur results pal and thnaks for the reply what are you dong revision since college started if anything anf hiw.much tume do yiunsoend after cillege and in the weekend. i really dont want ro go into my exams not confident thriugh lack if revision infroze in ine of my exams for 10+ minutes

I'm at Sixth Form, right now I average 2 hours of lessons and 3 free periods per day. That time is easily enough to keep my work going during the week. Maybe an hour in the evening if there's more to do. At the weekend, I usually take Saturday daytime off to relax (I work in the evening), and use Sunday as a day for doing any heavy work (research projects etc.).

I really believe that free time is important for a healthy student :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending