The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering resources

Does anyone have any names or links to any chemical engineering books/news/articles/magazines I could be reading to demonstrate wider reading and a real interest in the subject in my personal statement?

Thanks for any suggestions
if u look on the cambridge uni link for chemeng theres a few books they recommend... really pricey though. I bought coulson-richardson volumes 1&2 for chemeng off ebay for around £10 a few weeks back :smile: im using it as background reading for my personal statement...though im not sure how im gonna intergrate it into my statement yet XD
Reply 2
Original post by linnig1rl
if u look on the cambridge uni link for chemeng theres a few books they recommend... really pricey though. I bought coulson-richardson volumes 1&2 for chemeng off ebay for around £10 a few weeks back :smile: im using it as background reading for my personal statement...though im not sure how im gonna intergrate it into my statement yet XD

Libraries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not exactly background reading! You'll barely scrape the surface of those books during the course itself!

I would buy something like this. Go for second-hand or new for £25. It gives a nice introduction (don't worry about the English units).

had none. searched high and low as well :frown:
Original post by addylad
Not exactly background reading! You'll barely scrape the surface of those books during the course itself!

I would buy something like this. Go for second-hand or new for £25. It gives a nice introduction (don't worry about the English units).

haha thanks! bit too late now to buy it though... my college requires science and engineering entries to be handed in next thursday. By the time i buy it and it arrives I wouldve already sent off my application
haha thanks! bit too late now to buy it though... my college requires science and engineering entries to be handed in next thursday. By the time i buy it and it arrives I wouldve already sent off my application

No worries, it's still a good introduction though. And keep those other books, they will come in handy at some point.
Original post by addylad
No worries, it's still a good introduction though. And keep those other books, they will come in handy at some point.

thank you for the recommendation though! I'll get the book. It'll be a good read anyway. And I'll definitely be keeping the other two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending